• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Obs and nowcast Major Nor'easter near blizzard Sunday afternoon Jan 31 - Sunrise Wednesday Feb 3

wdrag

5 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

As of midnight JFK 0.7 LGA 1.2 NYC 2.0 EWR 2.2...the ratios based on the LEs were over 15:1

Seems underdone, we are at around 6 or so in Woodbridge. I confess I woke up to my wife shoveling outside, looked around, thought meh....didn't realize it was only around 1 am! Thought it was early morning....it's not coming down as hard ATM but I assume it will get cranking again....

Just now, weatherpruf said:

Seems underdone, we are at around 6 or so in Woodbridge. I confess I woke up to my wife shoveling outside, looked around, thought meh....didn't realize it was only around 1 am! Thought it was early morning....it's not coming down as hard ATM but I assume it will get cranking again....

I'm not sure if they measured officially at midnight. I can walk to LGA from my apartment and we had about 1.5-2 inches on the ground around midnight. 

8 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

It took forever to start snowing up here.  There’s probably as much as 3-5 inches in southern Brooklyn and Staten Island too I’m sure 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RU848789 said:

Snow was a bit lighter the last hour, so as of 1 am we have 6.5" in Metuchen (1/2" last hour) and it's still 23F.  I'm guessing this stuff is 15:1 ratio snow, since I've been able to "shovel" it with a broom.  

Just went for a "JebWalk" - a beautiful night in the snow.  Up to 7.0" here in Metuchen as of 2 am and yes, it's still 23F.  Snow has been very light the last 20 minutes or so and the radar looks spotty for awhile, so this could be a good time to nap.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Just went for a "JebWalk" - a beautiful night in the snow.  Up to 7.0" here in Metuchen as of 2 am and yes, it's still 23F.  Snow has been very light the last 20 minutes or so and the radar looks spotty for awhile, so this could be a good time to nap.  

The Euro caught this on most of its recent runs.  The period from 05-10Z was going to be fairly quiet. 

• Like 2

My first report since last eve... to Mt Holly and AMWX...  

Good morning Mt Holly! Splendid here in Wantage NJ 4sw. 3.8 total since SB 135P Sunday 1/31. Drifting is going to make measures a little more difficult...more samples. 17.2/15.8 right now with light but pretty big flake snow estimated 3/4mi vsby.

• Like 1