Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 31 - Feb 2 Storm

stormtracker

Just now, ErinInTheSky said:

GREAT run for those who like the front end thump. But that back end is completely gone for a lot of us. We'll be relying on the front end for all our totals on the Euro.

Better front end can't hurt (unless it has downstream issues that I can't comprehend) but the back end isn't gone for most of us, I don't think. I'd classify all this as back-end.

1612224000-kW9Oy05G5gg.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ErinInTheSky said:

Hmmm.

It looked worse than it was then. It seemed like a lot less.

It's mostly pretty light, hopefully high ratio. People have said the deform/back-end/CCB/whatever the term is will probably juice up in the short-term, but we're talking 10-15" in a period of 48+ hours. Do the math, and that's not crazy rates or anything. WAA might be the heaviest snow of the storm as depicted.

Just now, stormtracker said:

Im serious, especially in light that other guidance has it a bit more north.  I mean, we'll know in about 12 hours how real this is

I guess I'm nervous because the euro was the only one that got yesterday's suppressed storm track right. Wondering if we start seeing the other models get more and more suppressed...maybe that's my fears talking, lol

Just now, Maestrobjwa said:

I guess I'm nervous because the euro was the only one that got yesterday's suppressed storm track right. Wondering if we start seeing the other models get more and more suppressed...maybe that's my fears talking, lol

I think overall it's a good sign that people have been sweating on both sides of the coin recently. There was concern by many when Euro was spitting out those huge maxes in PA with lots less in NoVA. Still have a good 36 hours for things to shift before we really get into the short range. 

• mappy locked and unpinned this topic