Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 31 - Feb 2 Storm

stormtracker

Just now, Interstate said:

I can see some changes on the H5

Yea I agree here. I think there is enough of a noticeable thing here to where I continue to see small baby steps toward the Euro. Primary is further west/northwest between hrs 60-72. I think the trend is a good one. It def hasn’t gone backwards at the minimum. The thermals suck with the model. Most know this already. Synoptics are key! 

4 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

GFS won't budge...interesting.  Interested to see if the para hangs on

Ignore it. Seriously. Unless the other better guidance goes that way...and even then I’d only buy it because they did. The gfs has been adding more confusion and noise then clarity for a while. Btw just saw the end of the rgem. Do people realize how good that was about to get. The ccb is exploding right over us and there is a lot of energy still to roll through. That was about to get GOOD. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

If we can truly discount the GFS thermals and that was all snow or a snow/sleet mix, it's actually a pretty good hit

As I'm watching the 00z CMC slowly trickle in, I flipped back to 12z. The 12z CMC run (which ended up being pretty solid) had GFS as rain/sleet for 16 hours, FWIW.

Point not being to deb, but note that we've had really good runs of some (slightly better) models that force DCA to rain in the lull.

• Confused 1

Just now, stormtracker said:

If we can truly discount the GFS thermals and that was all snow or a snow/sleet mix, it's actually a pretty good hit

This is a 150% weenie assessment but if you assume the thermals are jacked because 1) it’s the gfs and 2) they are warmer due to the placement of the primary further north than all guidance - it leads me to believe we’d see more snow (and sleet) than depicted.  

Just now, NorthArlington101 said:

As I'm watching the 00z CMC slowly trickle in, I flipped back to 12z. The 12z CMC run (which ended up being pretty solid) had GFS as rain/sleet for 16 hours, FWIW.

Point not being to deb, but note that we've had really good runs of some (slightly better) models that force DCA to rain in the lull.

Oh I don't discount that we will see some rain/mix...pretty sure we do..but as much as the GFS shows?  Dunno

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Somewhere in the last 12 hours, it was noted that WPC is basically not using it at all -and I forget why -but it was for a particular reason. Hope they are right about that. 

It has a progressive bias with the features in the PAC that will be critical to our storm. It’s slowly correcting less progressive each run. 

Just now, nj2va said:

This is a 150% weenie assessment but if you assume the thermals are jacked because 1) it’s the gfs and 2) they are warmer due to the placement of the primary further north than all guidance - it leads me to believe we’d see more snow (and sleet) than depicted.  

Just this panel alone.  A strengthening storm off the coast and this is the northwest side of the precip? 

760F90B2-E3DE-42F5-8911-13082A09C655.png

• Like 4

1 minute ago, nj2va said:

I think that's the conclusion, yeah. If the thermals are indeed wrong, more snow and sleet, less rain. But honestly I'm just waiting for it to cave instead of trying to figure out how it's wrong. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

00Z CMC is mostly out here and it's actually not gonna make many friends. Big north jump, not really a significant deform band, main show would be the WAA.

Yuck. It’s not that it’s north it’s late. Doesn’t get the coastal going until too late for us. Luckily the rgem doesn’t agree. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

Yuck. It’s not that it’s north it’s late. Doesn’t get the coastal going until too late for us. Luckily the rgem doesn’t agree. 

Yeah, I was gonna say, luckily we still have the RGEM from the Canadian suite.   HOpefully this CMC is a fluke run.  Figures, just when the GFS starts getting good, the CMC goes off the rails a bit

12 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Yeah, I was gonna say, luckily we still have the RGEM from the Canadian suite.   HOpefully this CMC is a fluke run.  Figures, just when the GFS starts getting good, the CMC goes off the rails a bit

Gefs improved again. Honestly the gefs is slightly better then the eps now imo. Lol. CCBs the whole region Monday into Monday Night. 
D5303A2F-EDAB-491C-B6D3-87C295B8504A.thumb.png.d7ad21360c1ca86f3bed856f15438b28.png
ETA: if you adjust for their atrocious thermals. But that’s a given. 

• Like 5
  • Weenie 1

• mappy locked and unpinned this topic