Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Watching closely .. February 1-3rd for moderate to major coastal event

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

not sure ... it could get all proper/traditionally leading indicator - like, but...I still believe this has more bent toward an unusual aspect, where the perennial North American pattern ( not to be confused with the PNA ) is - for whatever reason - bursting a western height eruption.  That's not really PNA proper feed in...but it is what it is...

The problem with the PNAP is that wave space terminates roughly... Ohioness in longitude...  

Meanwhile, the 90 to 60W is getting abandoned by the crumbling -NAO, western limbed blocking... That leaves a null region in normal progression ( transiently..) ... So whatever times in there gets caught in amber ... but that's getting speculative -

The short answer is that it "looks" more proper than it is... This thing's hiding its secrets -  I call those "super synoptic," but it's just meaning that they synergistic and not observable, but they feed-back on forcing things once they emerge.  Tough not to believe in the cosmic dildo but that's a digression for another paranoia... LOL

im trying to understand... so the shortwave itself, in accordance to the m.o. of this year, kind of "maxes" itself in OHV, but this PNAP and this decaying NAO regime throws the remnants and some other s/ws, such as one that might dive down out of Manitoba or Ontario, all together in this 'Legrange space'? So basically its a stalled diarrhea vorticity mess potent enough to deliver a storm on its own, but the omega block allows for the collocation of this mess with a diving s/w, and who knows what happens?

How I'm seeing what you're describing is that this is like the mid-December event, but with an enhanced western ridge and a stronger block, so basically, shoving all this vorticity together and hoping something sticks. Off base?

Yeah... honestly, for 'big storm enthusiasts' this is on hold pending -

This run strikes me as the same thing ... it's more of a 2.5 day placeholder event for having a huge numerical potential in the box roughly bounded by 60-90W by 35-50N ... 

We could have a more important S/W take command early ... mid .. or late in that time span and then we end up with the decadal faster flow storm in lieu of this weird 2 days moderate pub crawl.

Best to go with moderate snow over an usually longer period ...type of thing

I just wonder if the EPS mean does the same thing and out-bids it's own captain - like the 0z run  ;)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

3 day deep snow followed by grinch level melt?

There's some surface CAD in front of that system, so it's unlikely to be like the Xmas storm. I suppose there's always a chanc,e but that one was pretty unique in how unimpeded it was.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

There's some surface CAD in front of that system, so it's unlikely to be like the Xmas storm. I suppose there's always a chanc,e but that one was pretty unique in how unimpeded it was.

I feel like generally speaking there is less resistance to cutters in December, than later in the year.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That one actually looks like it could go under here in time.

• Like 2