• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 24-26th Potential Something Part 2

Chicago Storm

Saturation underway. Wonder if precip breaks out ahead of schedule. LOT is saying 6 PM up here, hi-res models say 7-9 PM. Just picked up a bunch of dog turds half-buried in the glacier that's been around for more than 3 weeks before they get snowed over. Pretty stiff NE wind out there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, tuanis said:

Saturation underway. Wonder if precip breaks out ahead of schedule. LOT is saying 6 PM up here, hi-res models say 7-9 PM. Just picked up a bunch of dog turds half-buried in the glacier that's been around for more than 3 weeks before they get snowed over. Pretty stiff NE wind out there.

Husband did the same yesterday, lol. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tuanis said:

I think we're dusting by 4-4:30

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tuanis said:

as a younger guy I used a 4 iron to slice those into the neighbors yard in the cold months. true story.

• Haha 7

Just now, Baum said:

as a younger guy I used a 4 iron to slice those into the neighbors yard in the cold months. true story.

I used to go sledding in an old cow pasture growing up. Always brought a rubber mallet to beat the metal sleds round again as hitting a frozen cowpie at full speed would leave quite a dent. 

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, tuanis said:

It snowed 6 inches in Poplar Grove right after Christmas, and it hasn’t gotten warm enough to melt to unbury the Christmas lawn inflatable that’ll be further buried under the snow & ice tonight.

• Haha 2

Just now, Sciascia said:

It snowed 6 inches in Poplar Grove right after Christmas, and it hasn’t gotten warm enough to melt to unbury the Christmas lawn inflatable that’ll be further buried under the snow & ice tonight.

You should set up a webcam, and we can all guess the day you'll finally be able to retrieve it. I guess that yooper webcam is dead.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, McHenrySnow said:

The candy canes that line our driveway are still mostly buried in the glacier as well. 

Same

5 minutes ago, WaryWarren said:

You should set up a webcam, and we can all guess the day you'll finally be able to retrieve it. I guess that yooper webcam is dead.

Our security doorbell is supposed to have a camera, but the wifi signal we have isn’t good enough to work consistently. And I’m sure our golden retriever pup would just attempt to eat the camera. :lol:

7 minutes ago, vortex said:

Spitting snow here.  NWS knocked us down to 1-2 with .10- .20 of crappy ice.  
Good luck up north.  

Lol, sell the ice amount. We won’t get that much total precip. And 1-2” of snow looks about right. And then freezing drizzle. All in all, a totally forgettable “storm” for us. The beat goes on...

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, madwx said:

if we get over 4" here the v16 GFS is the real winner.  Was hammering the N trend for a while

Per radar, snow advancement into WI seems to have stalled in Lafayette/southern Grant Counties for now.

*Edit: Kinda odd that DVN shows it pushing into southern Dane, but MKX doesn't. Must be virga.