• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Quick interlude on the upcoming storm discussion...The 12Z Euro at day 6-8 is an atmospheric powder keg for the northeast.  Didn’t check if other models have anything at that time, but wow... 

That’s the time period I was eying a week or so ago.  We seem just a skosh away from a monster Miller A.   I’d do anything for that. Would save the whole winter for me. 

Not that it matters but I think BGM converts Watches to Warnings and puts up WWA for all later today. Thinking BUF puts up WWAs for most of their area save Orleans cty.   Just ruminating here.  The WAAs would be based on longer duration and risk...path of least regret.

1 minute ago, Syrmax said:

Not that it matters but I think BGM converts Watches to Warnings and puts up WWA for all later today. Thinking BUF puts up WWAs for most of their area save Orleans cty.   Just ruminating here.  The WAAs would be based on longer duration and risk...path of least regret.

Yep. They can always upgrade. 

Just now, Syrmax said:

I'd imagine Albany does as well. They're sticking with their bullish call.  

StormTotalSnowWeb-1.png

6 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

To 81 to Binghamton. Lock it in.

I think you’re heading to the wrong part of the state. The governor loves sending plows to NYC and Long Island. 200-300 miles down the thruway with plows attached does wonders for those plow trucks. 

• Haha 4

KBUF has changed their wording for WNY for Tuesday night into Wednesday as a possibility for heavy lake enhancement/lake effect streamers south of Lake Ontario...too early to discuss winter storm watches for that timeframe but latest model guidance suggests several short waves pinwheeling back over the lakes giving ample opportunities for lake enhancement. 

54 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Once in a decade type stuff. They are incredible 

I drove from Boston to Nashville not long after the March 1993 storm. It was insane. I think I took I-90 to I-84 to I-81 to I-40, and the snow piles from the plows were huge and continuous until about 30 miles east of Nashville. The impact of a powerful Miller A is just astounding.