• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

Well...good to see model trends intact on 6Z runs.  Ty is correct in that the placement of the H850 and H700 lows is favorable for us.  Big unknown with these secondary redevelopers is the exact nature of how it happens.  I'd expect some more model turbulence with that today.  Some things that look pretty likely across most models:

- All trending NW with precip shield.

- Possible change to rain/slot in SNE and BWI-DCA-PHL

- Jackpot in eastern PA / WNJ

- Mohawk Valley downslope(?)

- Geneva to Roc seem favored (lake assisted?)

- BGM wins again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Well...good to see model trends intact on 6Z runs.  Ty is correct in that the placement of the H850 and H700 lows is favorable for us.  Big unknown with these secondary redevelopers is the exact nature of how it happens.  I'd expect some more model turbulence with that today.  Some things that look pretty likely across most models:

- All trending NW with precip shield.

- Possible change to rain/slot in SNE and BWI-DCA-PHL

- Jackpot in eastern PA / WNJ

- Mohawk Valley downslope(?)

- Geneva to Roc seem favored (lake assisted?)

- BGM wins again.

You forgot one:

-wolfie brawls with somebody

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Ha! I am really not that big a fan of the sun....and love days and days of clouds with flakes falling every day. But....wow, is Upstate gloomy! The sun is somewhat acceptable on quite cold days when it won't ruin snowpack as much. :)

I’ll let it slide this time, what’s next a poster that loves the wind?!?! ;)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SyracuseStorm said:

Post this on PA/Mid Atlantic forums- think they are ignoring the NAM and are posting maps with 20” that show 4-7”

Yeah, I've been noticing same down there...I'm not sure this is their best setup as the low really tucks in close.  I am still chastened by the infamous March 2000 Miller B fiasco.  Reality, and what models predict, can be quite different, even close in ti the event.  We'll see. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Syrmax said:

Yeah, I've been noticing same down there...I'm not sure this is their best setup as the low really tucks in close.  I am still chastened by the infamous March 2000 Miller B fiasco.  Reality, and what models predict, can be quite different, even close in ti the event.  We'll see. 

Forgot about that one