• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Upstate/Eastern New York

16 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Whats left of it does go across pa on rgem. Is rgem considered a mesoscale model?

I believe so but I'm not too sure.

I'm not too concerned with all these precip maps as  much as I am with the mid lvl lp's as thats where we get all out moisture and precip from. In the end, those maps rarely ever verify, thats why I usually don't pay them any mind but they sure look colorful, lol! 

Case in point, the last system didn't resemble the any of the precip maps that were posted prior to the event, when the event was over and done with so why are we so concerned with them now??

The 850MB lp with the last event was situated right over KROC and thats why we slotted fairly quickly after the first band came through and then we drizzled for the next several hrs before what minimal LE kicked in.  The 700MB LP with the last event was also situated right overhead but with this next event both the 700 and 850 LP's go to our South so I can't see how we escape a plowable snowfall here in CNY but I could be wrong but we'll see soon enough!

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, winter_rules said:

While all eyes are on this Monday-Tuesday storm, what’s it looking like for later in the week?  Warm forecasts on TWC and NWS keep getting adjusted lower.  Too good to be true? 

No it’s definitely trending colder and right after possibly our biggest cold dump of the year with cold SW winds...you’re welcome BW...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Wow, that sucker freezes fast. Greatest depth is like 55 feet, so really it's New York's largest puddle.

I was beginning to think it wasn’t going to freeze this year but once the weather got cold it doesn’t take long. I’m sure the ice fishing shacks are out in force although I believe the ice needs to be 4 inches thick to be out on it. 

4 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Wow, that sucker freezes fast. Greatest depth is like 55 feet, so really it's New York's largest puddle.

And that 55ft. covers a very small area.  Ave. Is about 20-25'.

That said, you can get enhancement from any frozen ( especially, long/narrow) bodies of water just through frictional convergence mechanisms...but obviously, open water adds moisture along with the convergence.  In early season cold snaps, Sylvan/Verona Beachs and points east can certainly be enhanced by Oneida Lake.  

• Thanks 1