• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Upstate/Eastern New York

9 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

I was beginning to think it wasn’t going to freeze this year but once the weather got cold it doesn’t take long. I’m sure the ice fishing shacks are out in force although I believe the ice needs to be 4 inches thick to be out on it. 

Nice. How far are you from the lake?

2 minutes ago, LakeEffectKing said:

And that 55ft. covers a very small area.  Ave. Is about 20-25'.

That said, you can get enhancement from any frozen ( especially, long/narrow) bodies of water just through frictional convergence mechanisms...but obviously, open water adds moisture along with the convergence.  In early season cold snaps, Sylvan/Verona Beachs and points east can certainly be enhanced by Oneida Lake.  

Thanks for the response!

12 minutes ago, LakeEffectKing said:

And that 55ft. covers a very small area.  Ave. Is about 20-25'.

That said, you can get enhancement from any frozen ( especially, long/narrow) bodies of water just through frictional convergence mechanisms...but obviously, open water adds moisture along with the convergence.  In early season cold snaps, Sylvan/Verona Beachs and points east can certainly be enhanced by Oneida Lake.  

I've seen some of the coolest river - effect snow up near Morristown along the St Lawrence. Was so cold you could see the entire process from evaporation to precipitation. 

Screenshot_20210131-082326_Gallery.jpg

• Like 5

Something has to give between NAM and the other global models and soon. 

BGM also just made it super confusing with their first round of headlines for this event. They have Steuben under a WWA for entire duration of the 2 part storm for 4-7, then rest of the S Tier under a WWA for just the light snow associated with the primary and then a WSW for the coastal.

4 hours ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

The RGEM has No.Onondaga county and most of Oswego county downsloping into my area and that just doesn't happen so I call BS on the RGEM, lol!

Bro the winds are more out of the north/NNW and eventually NW lol The enhancement just hugs the shore and misses that area verbatim.

If anyone is going to downslope it's me lol

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Bro the winds are more out of the north/NNW and eventually NW lol The enhancement just hugs the shore and misses that area verbatim.

If anyone is going to downslope it's me lol

Winds start out Easterly bro then go NW then NNW after the system passes so I don't exactly know what ur getting at here but anyway......