• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

9 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

I’d do anything to be chasing this band all night. That thing is fierce and probably very windy too. Blizzard conditions. BCFA2D4E-E5B2-49C7-A545-1BF477219B12.thumb.gif.07247a9b76f65e6eab8ecba2409779bd.gif

Anybody ever watch Heavy Rescue 401 on the Weather Channel?  It’s about heavy rescue trucks on the 401 in southern Ontario clearing wrecks off the highway. A lot of them take place in pretty rough weather, especially in the Huron lake effect bands. I imagine the 401 is in pretty rough shape in the London area tonight. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

Anybody ever watch Heavy Rescue 401 on the Weather Channel?  It’s about heavy rescue trucks on the 401 in southern Ontario clearing wrecks off the highway. A lot of them take place in pretty rough weather, especially in the Huron lake effect bands. I imagine the 401 is in pretty rough shape in the London area tonight. 

In case you guys ever want to see web cams of the highways in and around southern ontario. https://511on.ca/#:Alerts

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, TugHillMatt said:

Yes, really close. Wouldn't take too much.

I see the snow bands are starting to form in Oswego county. Hoping many of us on the S/SE shores of L.O. might wake up to some new snow in the morning.

Sleep well!

Im getting a good amount of snow in Geneva NY from lake effect. Do not see that very often. 

• Like 3

BUST!!, I said it two nights ago that this event, if ya wanna call it that, won't be more than a nuisance and thats exactly what it turned out to be, unfortunately!  Its just not a conducive set-up for LES. Shear, strong winds, oscillating bands and dry air is a recipe for NADA.

Now next weeks debacle has gotten squashed, so its not looking to good for those horrific snow maps to even come close to verifying :weep:

4 hours ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Its looking like we're done for a while at least, and we're left with COLD , COLD and more COLD, not weather that I like too much!

Well don't get too excited, going to have a warm up heading into next weekend. Which figures, right as we are heading to the ADK.

36 minutes ago, Geez150 said:

Well don't get too excited, going to have a warm up heading into next weekend. Which figures, right as we are heading to the ADK.

Same here.  My brother’s birthday is Thursday so we’re all planning to take vacation days to snowmobile Th and Fri....in the rain.  The only thing worse would be to wash away 2.5ft of snow on Christmas Eve....oh wait that also happened. 

Bitching aside, this has been a pretty good January for winter in the Catskills.  We have been slowly building a very good base with consistently cold temps and many small accumulations continuously adding up.