• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

4 minutes ago, SyracuseStorm said:

Right- they may be overdoing the strength of the high and if that puppy gives, even a bit, game on.

Coastal transfers are a sore subject around here, at least for me.  I've definitely seen some big busts from them over the years.  To have a shot, we need this thing further North IMO, heading towards Cleveland before the transfer starts to initiate.  The remnant inverted trough can work out, but again thats never set in stone.  Still a very long ways off so we shouldnt be latching onto anything just yet.  I'm just glad it isnt cutting on us.  I'd rather get no snow than have this thing cut and give us rain, obviously.  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, SyracuseStorm said:

Any thoughts on this next storm Monday & Tuesday?  Feel like the models went off the rails today and call it a hunch, but I see this coming right back to where it started.  Don’t big storms typically make their NW correction 48 hrs out?;)

Folks south of NY state are locking in amounts and the NAM isn’t even in its “wheelhouse”

No one should be jumping ship after a model run or two for sure. Set aside the fact about the NW trend this winter, this storm won't even be fully sampled until atleast the 0z runs tomorrow night. With as many moving parts that are in play, this could trend in any direction right up until it's hours from unfolding. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Delta band is really blowing up now. Headed your way.

There is some snow in the air. The radar is filling in pretty nicely though. Hoping we can get some added lift from upper low.  

Over on Huron they are getting pounded pretty good. That has to be one of the better places to live for lake effect snow in the Great Lakes. 
E7E112E7-15B3-4A33-BA5F-400C3DB57DCB.thumb.gif.1d43c45866767f5bed4cb03f76e73b82.gif

Also interesting that the bands have been moving around quite a bit already. The Georgian bay band has reoriented itself about 3 times since late afternoon. And that Huron band is on the move too. 

6 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

There is some snow in the air. The radar is filling in pretty nicely though. Hoping we can get some added lift from upper low.  

Over on Huron they are getting pounded pretty good. That has to be one of the better places to live for lake effect snow in the Great Lakes. 
E7E112E7-15B3-4A33-BA5F-400C3DB57DCB.thumb.gif.1d43c45866767f5bed4cb03f76e73b82.gif

Also interesting that the bands have been moving around quite a bit already. The Georgian bay band has reoriented itself about 3 times since late afternoon. And that Huron band is on the move too. 

Yup in fact the Niagara Frontier is getting some light to at times moderate returns here in Williamsville but the flakes are grainy, almost graupel like but not as soft.

4 minutes ago, vortmax said:

Ok, I guess I need a lesson on reading radar. My parents are right under this band in NE Webster, but no snow. This is an image from the Channel 10 radar. Is there so sort of offset based on the angle of the beam? 

621694598_Screenshot_20210128-212034_WHECWeather.thumb.jpg.88e7e3dcb2fe02cf7904975d2ffaf60b.jpg

It could be offset due to the wind. Shouldn’t be by much. That band is the only game in town right now and pretty weak sauce 

15 minutes ago, vortmax said:

Ok, I guess I need a lesson on reading radar. My parents are right under this band in NE Webster, but no snow. This is an image from the Channel 10 radar. Is there so sort of offset based on the angle of the beam? 

621694598_Screenshot_20210128-212034_WHECWeather.thumb.jpg.88e7e3dcb2fe02cf7904975d2ffaf60b.jpg

I’m guessing it’s a wind thing. The radar beam is hitting that band relatively high over that location and the wind is probably displacing that snow a mile or so east of the heaviest returns at the surface 

• Like 2