• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

This lake effect so far tonight seems to favor the inland locations where there is better convergence and a little orographic pop.  Not too unexpected but a little disappointing for me over here.....  Still about 9-12 hours of optimal thermal profiles and some blobs of synoptic moisture coming though. 

You can see a thermal trough over lake Ontario in this Image.  Also fairly well aligned winds across Lake Ontario.    I think we lose the GB connection for awhile.  Lots to track but I slept like shit last night so maybe be cashing in soon. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.80ca4c94e9ea6ce0e5630cfe0f757fbb.PNG

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

The fat lady she is a singing

This storm is starting to look very similar to the Super Synoptic event from 12/16 and we know how that played out for us WNYers.  That said, that storm was truly epic so someone should be ready to get clobbered...perhaps our downstate posters??

3 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

This storm is starting to look very similar to the Super Synoptic event from 12/16 and we know how that played out for us WNYers.  That said, that storm was truly epic so someone should be ready to get clobbered...perhaps our downstate posters??

I agree about downstate. I think the tucked in areas just off the coast score this one...on to the rain storm next week!

7 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Yeah, I mentioned earlier today how it looks very similar to that event.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Lol...I can't believe they create these maps based off of one report....whoever it is in Bville....LOL...we had 2 new inches this morning!

sf1_today.jpg

Yeah same here lol Still pissed about the 0.5 NE pulaski spotter haha..Less than 10-1 ratios while everyone else is getting 40/1 ..SMH

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wolfie09 said:

Yeah same here lol Still pissed about the 0.5 NE pulaski spotter haha..Less than 10-1 ratios while everyone else is getting 40/1 ..SMH

We are squabbling over 2-3" of 40:1 snow.  Oh how far we've fallen, hahaha.   Have some self respect you guys.  :mapsnow:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

On to Spring!

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

You mean what comes after this suppressed system? :D

I'm about ready to wave the flag and jump on that board. My passion for winter is fading with these crap-fests we've had of recent. At least I finally made it over a 6 inch snow depth for the winter (unless you believe the Bville spotter...lol)

Bring back the winter of 13-14!!!! Now THAT was a winter!!!

Just now, rochesterdave said:

Compare the Exeter and King radars. Exeter is getting killed while nothing off Georgian Bay. I don’t understand this stuff. Is it features on the ground?!?

The king city radar is stuck in a weird mode. It’s been that way for a long time, super annoying. But you can see enough to know that we lost the GB connection in Monroe county. It’s pretty critical in dry scenarios like this. 
6D144410-8E33-40D7-8A46-441F5CA29FB4.thumb.gif.a69e1961c4812a451fafbddca7ca62b1.gif

• Sad 1

The players are in the same position as 18z (actually better). It’s way too early to be looking at precip signatures. The Binghamton storm was 50 miles away from killing Syracuse and you guys are throwing in the towel 4 days out!?!?

Not here in BVille...tomorrow night will give better optics and I expect some changes as usual.  Will we get primary to head further north and have a long, slow phase?  Maybe?  Maybe the ensemble spread will come more west as there were a few in NJ.  Given the curveballs we have gotten all winter, this one could be like the pitches Doc Ellis threw when he was on acid!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

The players are in the same position as 18z (actually better). It’s way too early to be looking at precip signatures. The Binghamton storm was 50 miles away from killing Syracuse and you guys are throwing in the towel 4 days out!?!?

Not throwing in the towel. Just skeptical. As Delta mentioned earlier, these transfers have so many issues with them. I would love to see a good snowstorm...just there is a lot that has to go right...and looking at success rates this season, just extremely cautious about it.

1 minute ago, DeltaT13 said:

The king city radar is stuck in a weird mode. It’s been that way for a long time, super annoying. But you can see enough to know that we lost the GB connection in Monroe county. It’s pretty critical in dry scenarios like this. 
6D144410-8E33-40D7-8A46-441F5CA29FB4.thumb.gif.a69e1961c4812a451fafbddca7ca62b1.gif

Why then is it hammering away east of us?

Why then is it hammering away east of us?

Normally Its just that little bit extra fetch, and better convergence in the corner of the lake. That whole shape is so much better than the orientation of the Southern Shoreline with our negative slope East of the Genny.  

In tonight's scenario, they also benefit from a touch more synoptic moisture, being closer to the core of the coldest 850's and potentially closer to some of the DPVA with the upper low.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Seriously. All these weenie suicides over a couple lackluster model runs at the D4-5 mark when this storm not even onshore yet is laughable. Didn't know so many people have the memory of a hamster when it comes to the models.