• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

2 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

It’s mostly ice fog. We aren’t getting heavy snow in Pittsford. Flurries. 

Data at: 1617 UTC 29 Jan 2021

METAR for: KROC (Rochester Intl Arpt, NY, US) 
Text: KROC 291554Z 29006KT 1/2SM R04/2600V3500FT -SN FZFG VV010 M09/M11 A3030 RMK AO2 SLP273 P0002 T10891111
Temperature: -8.9°C ( 16°F)
Dewpoint: -11.1°C ( 12°F) [RH = 84%]
Pressure (altimeter): 30.30 inches Hg (1026.2 mb) [Sea level pressure: 1027.3 mb]
Winds: from the WNW (290 degrees) at 7 MPH (6 knots; 3.1 m/s)
Visibility: 0.50 sm ( 0.80 km)
Ceiling: indefinite ceiling with vertical visibility of 1000 feet AGL
Clouds: obscured sky
Weather: -SN FZFG (light snow, freezing fog)

16 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

Data at: 1617 UTC 29 Jan 2021

METAR for: KROC (Rochester Intl Arpt, NY, US) 
Text: KROC 291554Z 29006KT 1/2SM R04/2600V3500FT -SN FZFG VV010 M09/M11 A3030 RMK AO2 SLP273 P0002 T10891111
Temperature: -8.9°C ( 16°F)
Dewpoint: -11.1°C ( 12°F) [RH = 84%]
Pressure (altimeter): 30.30 inches Hg (1026.2 mb) [Sea level pressure: 1027.3 mb]
Winds: from the WNW (290 degrees) at 7 MPH (6 knots; 3.1 m/s)
Visibility: 0.50 sm ( 0.80 km)
Ceiling: indefinite ceiling with vertical visibility of 1000 feet AGL
Clouds: obscured sky
Weather: -SN FZFG (light snow, freezing fog)

No Dave was snowing hard. 

As you guys know, I haven't been big on this winter at all. My calls for the events have been pretty spot-on. I was "committing weenie suicide" by mentioning this will be suppressed well south, and then a cutter will hit. It's in the cards. It's been the pattern. We can be optimistic...or be realistic, which unfortunately, involves pessimism towards this winter season.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

One of my buddies is from London, Ontario. They can get some pretty amazing lake effect snow bands there! Looks like they're getting hit nicely right now.

I'm also from London.  We probably got about a foot.   It will likely compact to a couple of inches it's so fluffy, but at least it looks like winter.  The LES events don't happen like they used to here, so I can relate to the pain expressed on this regional forum.  I usually lurk on the Lakes forum and don't post much but come over here fairly regularly to see if you guys are making out better than us.  I keep wasting time following synoptic snow threats that fizzle to nothing or give a whopping inch or two, but I can't seem to help myself.   Weather addiction at play....... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

24 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

As you guys know, I haven't been big on this winter at all. My calls for the events have been pretty spot-on. I was "committing weenie suicide" by mentioning this will be suppressed well south, and then a cutter will hit. It's in the cards. It's been the pattern. We can be optimistic...or be realistic, which unfortunately, involves pessimism towards this winter season.

Pessimism wins. Again. Although I’m holding out a little longer. The upper level looks so much better than the surface

2 hours ago, CNY_WX said:

There’s nothing showing up on radar over me but it continues to snow lightly. There’s a slight indication of a Mexico Bay band which the Montague radar is overshooting over me. I picked up 0.4 inch overnight, 0.03 inch liquid. 

We had a little over a half inch here last night. It was sort of the consistency of sugar.

33 minutes ago, London snowsquall said:

I'm also from London.  We probably got about a foot.   It will likely compact to a couple of inches it's so fluffy, but at least it looks like winter.  The LES events don't happen like they used to here, so I can relate to the pain expressed on this regional forum.  I usually lurk on the Lakes forum and don't post much but come over here fairly regularly to see if you guys are making out better than us.  I keep wasting time following synoptic snow threats that fizzle to nothing or give a whopping inch or two, but I can't seem to help myself.   Weather addiction at play....... 

Thanks so much for the comment. Congrats on the LES!  Feel free to stop in and share your reports more often. The past couple winters have been a challenge, haven't they?

10 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Pessimism wins. Again. Although I’m holding out a little longer. The upper level looks so much better than the surface

Kudos to you. I would love to be pleasantly surprised!

3 hours ago, rochesterdave said:

There was way too much wind for a good set up in Monroe county. Never fails. 

I was going to ask what the hell happened.

We were forecast for 4-5". I snowblowed the remnants from earlier this week at 9 pm, it was flurrying. I figured, well, maybe it'll pick up overnight. Wake up 7 am, still flurrying, and had maybe 0.5-1" of fluff on the ground. It never picked up.

So that's two events this week that were expected to produce 8-10" combined, instead got about 3". That pretty much sums up this winter.

• Like 2