• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Upstate/Eastern New York

8 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

After this week's mess of a system, I am thinking this winter will be one where we have to count on whatever lake effect we can get. The synoptic pattern just isn't working out for us. These primaries with transfers to the coast often have so many issues with them. Wish we could see some of the deep coastal systems of the 90s that move due north along the coast.

Give it time Matt. We are very close to seeing a big one. I’d rather be where we are 100 hours out than where the big city weenies are! 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

After this week's mess of a system, I am thinking this winter will be one where we have to count on whatever lake effect we can get. The synoptic pattern just isn't working out for us. These primaries with transfers to the coast often have so many issues with them. Wish we could see some of the deep coastal systems of the 90s that move due north along the coast.

When was the last time we had a negatively tilted trough over the northeast. That seems to be what we need to transport moisture off the Atlantic over central New York. I can remember storms with a negatively tilted trough watching bands of snow moving from southeast to northwest with intense snowfall rates.  The storm of January 4,1994 dropped 10 inches in 2 hours in Syracuse at midday. Business let their employees out at the height of the storm resulting in may people being trapped on highways. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, vortmax said:

Must be nice. Very little snow coming from the bands over me...hmm.

Yeah. Hopefully we get cranking this evening. South shore lake effect is impossible to accurately predict. It’s anyone’s guess. I wish winds were a little less but otherwise a good set up briefly! 
looking forward to EPS

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Looks like gb connected to lake ontario. Making its move. 

That King City radar is a piece of shit, I'm not sure why that is.  Anyway, this IR satellite shows winds coming around and cloud tops are cooling along the entire south shore, especially where there is upstream seeding.  

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=local-LakeOntario-13-48-1-100

Just now, Syrmax said:

And the problem with that would be? ;)

If we were going to get 80's for a few days I would be all about that.  I'm all about the extremes.  40's and rain is useless.  But 80's in February is so damn novel that I would gladly take that over some snow.  Could probably have a crazy ass day on the slopes if something like that ever happened too. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1