• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Storm Term Threat Discussions (Day 3 - Day 7)

WxUSAF

47 minutes ago, yoda said:

I dont know if Ji accepts this or not

45 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

It’s a razor thin line guys. The thermals are iffy. There’s just no cold on this side of the globe. 

Sorry, couldn’t resist

Your really want to tempt fate with 120 hours left to go???

38 minutes ago, GEOS5ftw said:

Biggest concern I have with the GFS is that the primary low from Monday hangs around in PA which prevents any cold from draining into our area. There's really no CAD ahead of the system. So we rely on dynamic cooling as the low bombs out. Canadian looks like it is weaker and faster with the early week system and has more of a classic CAD setup. Big differences apparent at 96 hrs.

But isn't this a double edge sword...its partially the lack of cold press in front that allows the primary to amplify north and ends up with that bomb over southeast VA.  The GGEM is colder but also a much less intense and "fun" storm...especially for us north of the DC area.  I guess this is location specific...if I lived south of DC I probably don't want to chance "playing with that fire" and would take the less intense but more sure thing snow.  

29 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Pretty textbook HP there though. If that is accurate I won't worry about temps at all. 

Again..120 hours to go...we want to tempt the snow gods on this?  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

It’s funny too because the Ukie has been super amped all winter. Few weeks ago at this range it kept showing a hit on an event that was out to sea. Of course this event it’s out to sea. Made it to midnight night as well wait for the euro. ;)

It's hit or miss...sometimes its crazy amped.  It had a few runs where it gave DC a blizzard before that costal scraper storm in 2018.  And other times its way suppressed compared to other guidance...last winter it kept giving me 15" of snow from a storm that ended up way north long after all other guidance shifted.  

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

It's hit or miss...sometimes its crazy amped.  It had a few runs where it gave DC a blizzard before that costal scraper storm in 2018.  And other times its way suppressed compared to other guidance...last winter it kept giving me 15" of snow from a storm that ended up way north long after all other guidance shifted.  

Yeah which is why I said I hate that model haha, it likes to torture us...I’ll take it more serious under 72 hours. 

It's probably good at 500 where they score the model but it seems to suck in forecasting actual weather

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk