Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 8th-9th threat

BullCityWx

4 minutes ago, SnowDawg said:

Difference on the south side of the storm in North GA between the 3km and 12km is stunning. 

That’s for sure. Sadly for this one I am on the wrong side lol. Still optimistic mby sees some flakes. The different models are almost splitting counties in half. A difference of 20 miles makes a huge difference with the track

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NEGa said:

That’s for sure. Sadly for this one I am on the wrong side lol. Still optimistic mby sees some flakes. The different models are almost splitting counties in half. A difference of 20 miles makes a huge difference with the track

I definitely think you'll see some flakes. I haven't been really sure how to feel about it all yet with how things keep jumping around. I felt pretty good for an advisory level event here in Rabun, but it's so borderline for more than that it's infuriating lol. And then the 12k NAM comes in and brings the sharp cutoff right to my doorstep and has me worried all over again.

11 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

I’m throwing out all the model runs that I don’t like and hugging the ones that I do.  /s

The spreads run to run are so different what can you believe.  I’m not as versed in as some but I think it will be a nowcast!  That said with last winter I think it will be great if anyone outside of the mountains gets a few inches. 

So far tonight

NAM gives me 1.62 QPF and 10 inches of snow. 

RDPS gives me .6 QPF and 5 inches of snow 

GFS gives me .4 QPF and 2.5 inches of snow  

GFS Para gives me .6 QPF and 4 inches of snow

GDPS gives me .6 QPF and 4.5 inches of snow 

Note- Kuchera ratio was used 

• jburns unpinned this topic