• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueValleyHVAC
    Newest Member
    BlueValleyHVAC

January 8th-9th threat

Tough for TV mets with a storm like this, where they like to broad brush accum amounts. Given banding, someone will verify or bust high, and someone will not come close.

1 minute ago, wncsnow said:

Biggest run yet of the Euro for mountains and foothills boom

Hi Res Nam and euro combo I’ll take it to the bank every time 

The Euro definitely moves quicker and hugs the coast less than the NAM, which is one reason for the discrepancy. I think the hires NAM works as a decent middle ground (although I'd definitely think less than it depicts Is likely)

22 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

The Euro may very well be right for the mountains but I don't believe the moisture gets shut off east of there as modeled... especially since the NAM was doing the same thing and came around and filled in today 

I tend to agree. It’s not like we have some mammoth 1046 HP up in Upstate NY. I will just continue to pray the Canadian and the Para GFS are correct. Wouldn’t want to be @Disc in this predicament. Anywhere from dusting to 6” here ouch lol. NC mountains almost a lock to get smoked!

We can ignore the part about the v16 only being run once a day as it is now available on sites 4 times a day.  Anyway, for those who don't know, Philippe used to post in here out of Greenville, SC as @phil882 and he is now a forecaster at the National Hurricane Center

nIc9vN9.png

https://twitter.com/pppapin/status/1339608830007799810?s=20

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1