• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 8th-9th threat

BullCityWx

NAM looks a little north with the wave, but south with the 50/50 low, and the wave is getting weakened.  I'm a fan of the NAM model, even at range, but it can be jumpy obviously given that it is high resolution...I would be surprised if we move toward this kind of heavily sheared out, weakened wave look, but you never know

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BornAgain13 said:

Gfs Para with a pounding on central/ Western NC....

4 hours ago, BornAgain13 said:

I consider the piedmont central,  the triad east central 

4 hours ago, StantonParkHoya said:

The triad is west-central, if you consider the distance from E-W of NC. 

4 hours ago, DC2Winston said:

Triad is NW Piedmont as defined by Raleigh NWS if I remember correctly. 

You guys really tickle me sometimes. You can argue over a difference of 1 mph wind or 1 millibar of pressure in a hurricane but somehow still haven’t figured out the different geographic regions of the state in which you live.  As you read the above posts notice that two different things are being talked about and that causes the confusion.  Some of you were talking about regions of the state and some sections of the Piedmont.  NW NC is not the same as the NW Piedmont.  We have to get geography back in the schools!!  :P

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, jburns said:

You guys really tickle me sometimes. You can argue over a difference of 1 mph wind or 1 millibar of pressure in a hurricane but somehow still haven’t figured out the different geographic regions of the state in which you live.  As you read the above posts notice that two different things are being talked about and that causes the confusion.  Some of you were talking about regions of the state and some sections of the Piedmont.  NW NC is not the same as the NW Piedmont.  We have to get geography back in the schools!!  :P

Well some guy on here is from "Central, SC" and that's in the far western part of his state. :P

42 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Lol. I don't even get an inch while Asheville gets half a foot 

snku_acc.us_ma (1) (10).png

2.5 inches for here in Greenville? I’ll believe it when I see it. Probably be less QPF than modeled, all of the QPF being used up as rain for evap cooling, soil layer temps, BL temps, or a mix bag of all of this. 

• jburns unpinned this topic