• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BobbyB
    Newest Member
    BobbyB

January Discobs 2021

January showers bring February flowers any more 

I can hardly recall what it is like to have a one-inch accumulating snow here on the shore

it hasn’t done so imby in two years

so missing the rainsnowslurry

is just par for the course 

sigh

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

Had light snow showers overnight but mostly melted by morning.  Could still see a bit of snow around the car's windshield wipers when I went out to get newspaper.

EDIT:  Snowing again at 6:15am Wednesday.

Same. A little bit of frozen something collected on mulch, but temp rose overnight so it melted mostly.

51 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Nice snow squalls entering Frederick and Washington counties.  Looks to miss most of northern Carroll. 

Yeah, hoping it's legit and holds together and clips me. Should roll through here fairly soon.

Woke up in Deep Creek and checked the Wisp website and saw only a trace of snow overnight and was a little bummer. Oh boy was that misleading. It’s ripping out there right now and there’s about 7” of fresh powder. Way surpassed my expectations 

• Like 4

Just shy of 5” here of new snow. Which makes it about 15-17” since we got here Friday. Heading back to Arlington later today and hopefully will bring the mojo for next week’s event there.
3b6b5468adbc2364b374bb26b97b446f.jpg

• Like 5
  • Weenie 2

8 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Just shy of 5” here of new snow. Which makes it about 15-17” since we got here Friday. Heading back to Arlington later today and hopefully will bring the mojo for next week’s event there.

It must be difficult to leave.

Thought it was a rain shower that moistened the streets here in the UHI last evening but a quick morning walk revealed some graupel in the colder areas, especially on grass and mulch. That brings this thrilling season up to flurries twice in december, 1.5 inches of snow before heavy rain in the December storm, and graupel today. Better luck next week :weenie:

19 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Ended up with 8" here, just flurrying now. It is so light and fluffy. I'm used to central MD cement snow. This sure has been an epic week! We are going to try Wisp tomorrow, hopefully wont be too crowded. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, mdhokie said:

Ended up with 8" here, just flurrying now. It is so light and fluffy. I'm used to central MD cement snow. This sure has been an epic week! We are going to try Wisp tomorrow, hopefully wont be too crowded. 

I eyeballed the 5” (cardinal sin of snow reports haha).  Just went out and measured in a few spots and got 8-8.5” too.  High ratio fluff for sure.  Light snow again.

I’d think a lot of people are probably heading home today so Wisp should be less crowded tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Kevin Reilly said:

Picked up a trace of snow here in Media Pa 13 miles west southwest of Philadelphia at 6:15 am  34 when it snowed. Just north of here .75” that’s it.  Partly Sunny 34 now. 

this is the wrong forum 

Just now, wxtrix said:

this is the wrong forum 

What's wrong with someone posting an obs who obviously is in our general area with similar climo ? 

Nothing.  That's the answer 

• Like 5