• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    McTrimm
    Newest Member
    McTrimm

January Discobs 2021

8 minutes ago, nj2va said:

I like that this is the heavier/wetter kind of snow....trees look gorgeous here caked in snow like your picture shows. 

And its a good base for the forthcoming upslope fluff.

• Like 1

Beautiful snow squalls down in the DC suburbs tomorrow. Blue near Ji's house .Lookin partly cloudy here lol

hrrr-dc-refc_ptype-0838000 (1).png

Soundings look good in that general area that I can tell 

5 hours ago, nj2va said:

I like that this is the heavier/wetter kind of snow....trees look gorgeous here caked in snow like your picture shows. 

My friends at Lakestar Lodge on the lake at the base of WISP said they got around 1.5" 

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

My friends at Lakestar Lodge on the lake at the base of WISP said they got around 1.5" 

Seems low. Measured close to 2.8” but I’m at a higher elevation than them 

Quick look has 6z 3k still interested in SS or squalls later . 

Hrrr concentrates anything DC south and not as impressive as late last nights run. Still think a few lucky people get a good coating 

19 hours ago, jonjon said:

I hope you're right!

PM me if you head this way.  Probably a wait to get in over the weekend, but Sunday Monday may be easier.  I'm usually off the grid during weekends, I'm trying to get my next business started up here (artisanal bakery).  I plan on being an all-round yeast master.

Will you be selling your breads at the brewery once the new business is up and running?

31 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Quick look has 6z 3k still interested in SS or squalls later . 

Hrrr concentrates anything DC south and not as impressive as late last nights run. Still think a few lucky people get a good coating 

Coating of what? It's going to be near 50 today. Maybe a few sprinkles or showers later according to my point and click.

5 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Coating of what? It's going to be near 50 today. Maybe a few sprinkles or showers later according to my point and click.

Snow ?

guidance for the past couple days  has been showing on several runs convective snow showers or squalls that could yield brief heavy rates and overcome boundary temps.  There's at least the potential. 

• Like 1

Well, surprise, surprise. Ground is white with snow continuing to fall here at a moderate rate. Temp is 28/27.2. Forecast has nothing this am and snow showers this afternoon. I'll take the bonus! :)

• Like 5

Drive back from Blacksburg timed with the snow squall. Heavy sleet and snow.  Roads weren’t great but it was nice to experience the wintry mix. :sled: