Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant upper middle Atlantic S/CNE mix/snow potential Jan 3+

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, wxsniss said:

For SNE, pretty sizable discontinuity on 12z Euro compared to 0z / yesterday's 12z...

This 12z run finally has a more expected distribution of dynamics and QPF you'd expect with a SLP tracking over the benchmark.

By 18z Mon, with an H5 low now closing completely off the Cape compared to over SNE in prior runs, might expect even more further NW of that into SNE and eventually eastern NH / eastern ME.

Yup. That narrow strip will be much more widespread clear back to ALB. 

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Nope... I’ve been meh on this from the start... I’m always cautious when temps are trash. I suppose if we get into a real good band we could score some accums, but honesty, I’m not counting on it.

Winds go North And that’s awfully close to the meat of the band. Those are 10:1 maps, but several inches certainly possible verbatim. 

Just now, WinterWolf said:

But with tiger bigger risk out that way, comes a higher reward if you get into the CCB.  So it’s a potentially exciting set up for you guys out there.  Roll the dice baby. 

Yeah. Bring that west a bit and I’ll play with the dynamics vs .2” of qpf every 6 hrs. 

It is not about the system that just impacted us, it is about the upper level shortwave moving into the PAC NW states in the next 24 to 36 hours that impacts the potential stall and long duration nature of this system.  Which is why the 00z suite and 12z suite for tomorrow is most important.  HIRES models show a stronger surface low than the globals.  the newest 3km NAM brings it below 980mb.

10 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

Upper level temps look good here on the Euro, but the surface looks warm for much of this.  I'm selling those snow maps.  There will be a lot of mix without heavy qpf rates.

Did you check 925s?   Toss those 2m even with light to moderate with those 925s

Just now, SouthCoastMA said:

Pulling for an inch if dynamics take over. Need a ton

Cape Cod seems to be the best place for a lot more snow.  Why?  We are the closest to the strongest banding, and dynamics as a H7 low closes off to the south of ACK and then Southeast.  The H85 to H925 both dynamically cool rapidly as the surface low bombs out to the southeast of ACK.

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

I agree Jerry, a lot of people get caught up in the modeled surface temps during storms where the H925 temps are cooler than -3C.  This storm is dynamic, will it cool the atmosphere as long as the track stays southeast of ACK.  I am still a bit concerned with the track of the H5 low.

1 minute ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

It is not about the system that just impacted us, it is about the upper level shortwave moving into the PAC NW states in the next 24 to 36 hours that impacts the potential stall and long duration nature of this system.  Which is why the 00z suite and 12z suite for tomorrow is most important.  HIRES models show a stronger surface low than the globals.  the newest 3km NAM brings it below 980mb.

I guess we’ll see Jimmy?  I think the stall idea is too late for most in SNE.  But we’ll see how it trends today and overnight?  

1 minute ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I was wrong about the surface low intensity on the 3km NAM.  It seems it was still around 990mb.  Unless the TropicalTidbits and NCEP sites are off.

Don’t get your hopes too high with this.  Mostly rain out that way for the most part the way it looks now.  Maybe it trends better today?  

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Looks like there may be a CF pretty close to BOS-PVD line for at least a while. Maybe just NW of that. Should be below freezing on the west side of that overnight Sunday night. SE MA could struggle at 34 unless rates are higher...which they could be. 

• Thanks 1