Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant upper middle Atlantic S/CNE mix/snow potential Jan 3+

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

No kidding. The modeling has been bad, even erratic, and what was trending a massive blockbuster caved to a small or even nonexistent event within the span of 24 hours and it did it inside of 72 hours. Maybe that still happens nowadays but I don’t remember the last time I saw these things happen with modeling... at least not in the last 5-10 years  

Nothing ever was showing a massive blockbuster. This always has been and still is a solid 6” snowfall over a good chunk of the area. With local zones getting 8-10

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

The tick se on euro at 18z May put this to bed

The EPS for Monday - Tuesday looked worse . Funny nobody mentioned it . OP was on NW side of ensemble guidance at 12z. Ensembles were E with low on Monday and Tuesday . 5H was worse on ensemble as well. 

I thought the EPS was decent?

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The GFS? And a snowmap from it? Come on man. You’re better than this 

You’re rockin’ me with split hairs. A better way for me to put it... is that tracking this on models has made my head spin. Erratic modeling that took all sorts of shapes that I’m just not used to. I mean maybe I’m crazy, and I only got a few hours of sleep last night but I just feel like this is a weird one.

Just now, IowaStorm05 said:

You’re rockin’ me with split hairs. A better way for me to put it... is that tracking this on models has made my head spin. Erratic modeling that took all sorts of shapes that I’m just not used to. I mean maybe I’m crazy, and I only got a few hours of sleep last night but I just feel like this is a weird one.

Wait....this system robbed your sleep?

16 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Mean looked decent to me, but I didn't look at the individual members 

ecmwf_ens_mapcp24_f54_ne.png

Yeah I actually thought the EPS was one of the better pieces of guidance all day. 

That said, I’d be lying if I said some of these paltry outputs like the NAM weren’t concerning.