• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Malcolm M
    Newest Member
    Malcolm M
Typhoon Tip

Dec (Edit: Jan1/..2 ) multi-faceted ptype mess potential...

10 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

^^Scooter went from pinning W Drag w the 1,2 count..and now (in last couple runs)  Walt kicked his leg up and tossed Scott on his side and they are getting up

Huh? This is no big deal 84 on down. I don’t see a multi day ice threat with crippling effects. And also, not sure why this was a competition. 

• Haha 1

This was always more of a pike north issue and even so, that area won’t have huge impacts to things like trees wires etc. My thoughts have not changed for days. 

• Like 1

Just now, dryslot said:

This one doesn't have siggy ice to areas that may see it, To short of a duration.

You’re struggling for half inch QPF in some areas and a 6-9 hr burst of precip with light stuff after. You really need a much longer duration.

• Like 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

You’re struggling for half inch QPF in some areas and a 6-9 hr burst of precip with light stuff after. You really need a much longer duration.

Much longer, Icestorm 98 was over a 36-48 hr period up here.

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Huh? This is no big deal 84 on down. I don’t see a multi day ice threat with crippling effects. And also, not sure why this was a competition. 

Because that is a funny visual.  Walt Drag rising from the canvas like the Undertaker at Wrestlemania, with you in the corner of the ring staring on in disbelief, quaking in your tights

896413456_TheUndertaker.jpg.92bbefd32e19b717fbbeef7efb67e6d3.jpg

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Much longer, Icestorm 98 was over a 36-48 hr period up here.

Didn’t areas near Ottawa have to deal with continually falling ZR for up to five days?

Regardless this isn’t that by any means, still think .1-.3 is good enough of a guess for areas that do see the ice 

Just now, crossbowftw3 said:

Didn’t areas near Ottawa have to deal with continually falling ZR for up to five days?

Regardless this isn’t that by any means, still think .1-.3 is good enough of a guess for areas that do see the ice 

Yes, That area and QUE were devastated.

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’m just waiting for the mesos to start flooding the mid-level warmth in.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

The midlevels are trending a little colder than I thought they would a few days ago for sure.

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I’m just waiting for the mesos to start flooding the mid-level warmth in.

Ha 

98 wasn't a big deal down this way (2008 a different story), but the images of those high-tension power line towers just bent over in half up in Quebec will be remembered.

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The midlevels are trending a little colder than I thought they would a few days ago for sure.

That’s how I see it for near 90 in north? I’m not sure it matters much in CT. Not for a two day event anyways. 

Just now, PowderBeard said:

Shame it is looking pretty starved for moisture. 

Secondary just gets going a smidge late, Still time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PowderBeard said:

Decent shift in the right direction, no?

850th.us_ne.png

850th.us_ne.png

Needs some work with the warm tongue above it, but some more sleet and snow for Dave and Ray. Hippy too.

5 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

Euro wants to start western and central Mass with a short little thump Saturday for a couple inches. Alright...alright...alright. That Rt2 corridor could grab 2-4" before the change.

An hour or two difference  before the flip will make a big difference up this way. 

• Like 1