• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec (Edit: Jan1/..2 ) multi-faceted ptype mess potential...

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

12z Nam is a shredded mess and gets the secondary going late up here.

Picking up better on the warm tongue aloft now...and yeah, need to get that midlevel flow backed in time to keep the cold air aloft in place. Otherwise we S>IP>ZR and then back to a little snow to finish.

Just now, dendrite said:

Picking up better on the warm tongue aloft now...and yeah, need to get that midlevel flow backed in time to keep the cold air aloft in place. Otherwise we S>IP>ZR and then back to a little snow to finish.

It pushes the WF pretty far north before sinking back SE, H7 doesn't close off until its over NS, Pretty classic SWFE though.

Just now, dendrite said:

Looks like 3k would be about 1-2" of S/IP here and then a period of ZR. Then maybe another inch of snow on top of that. Fun.

Dry slot looks like it is going to sneak in pretty fast too. So as things currently stand it doesn't strike me as one of those overperforming SWFEs.

• Like 1

Just now, powderfreak said:

The jump on 3km from 6z to 12z is lol.  It was practically sunny north of Montreal at 6z.

To be fair though, The ceiling isn't real high for this one, Some of the models that were coming in colder with better mid level development showed some of these higher totals but there is still time for some improvement or not.......lol

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dryslot said:

To be fair though, The ceiling isn't real high for this one, Some of the models that were coming in colder with better mid level development showed some of these higher totals but there is still time for some improvement or not.......lol

Of for sure, I’ll take 3” and run.

Just now, dendrite said:

RGEM has been ticking warmer. Gotta watch that dryslot like Chris mentioned because midlevel temps are pretty meh for nucleation. Once that dryslot punches in between H5-H7 it could be ZR even if the entire column is sub freezing.

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking more and more.  Low snow ratios too even in mostly snow solutions. Maybe 3” of dense material on 0.50” water.

Just now, powderfreak said:

Yeah I’m sure you didn’t think the Randolph 1750ft observer would have 1.5” depth going into New Years Eve, ha. 

LOL no I did not.

Hopefully he is around 12" or more after both of these storms.

The ski places really need the snow. Bretton Woods is pretty sad looking and the snow is crap right now. Can't sugarcoat it.

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

LOL no I did not.

Hopefully he is around 12" or more after both of these storms.

The ski places really need the snow. Bretton Woods is pretty sad looking and the snow is crap right now. Can't sugarcoat it.

Nope it’s pretty sad.  At least it’s been white but it’s towards the bottom of the whisker and box plot distribution.  My only solace is how many days the grass has been covered has been at least ok. Just enough weird 3-5” microscale snows after the thaws to keep it going lol.