Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, CoastalWx said:

People getting quite ridiculous over a week where nothing was progged to happen. Classic. Go hug your loved ones and come back next weekend. 

Ya everything is right on track lol.  Today was always a bonus, sucks that it will miss,  next weekend is still a long ways away so let’s see how that trends.  Besides the really favorable pattern has been looking like it will set up post Jan 10 for a while now. . 

11 minutes ago, metagraphica said:

But, but....we were promised "days and days" of snow by 'some' people here.  :arrowhead:

10 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Some need to be restrained:

image.jpeg.6cdc7c3199881c3b96a289ca8189ef4f.jpeg

I mean people are having virtual fist fights, name calling.....what an embarrassment to this sub forum. Yet somehow I’m the one who melts. :lol: 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s sad to see. We must look like a bunch of whiney toddlers to the other subforums.

I can assure you they are just as bad. Every single weenie here way overestimates their climo and then melts down when reality sets in.

Or, they play the reverse psychology negative weenie routine which is silly and annoying in its own way.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I can assure you they are just as bad. Every single weenie here way overestimates their climo and then melts down when reality sets in.

Or, they play the reverse psychology negative weenie routine which is silly and annoying in its own way.

The reverse pysche thing is very annoying. Just show your weenie already...stop hiding it.  

14 minutes ago, Bobbydoppler said:

After experiencing the epic winter of ‘14/15, it’s difficult not to compare subsequent winters with that one, as it is now the benchmark to which future winters will be measured, for me anyway(weenie).  Once you have the good stuff, you want it all the time.

What you have to appreciate is that benchmark events are inherently elusive, or they would not be labeled as such. 

There is a reason the 1978 blizzard stands alone, even one tier up from the Feb 2013, Jan 2015, Jan 2005 and April 1997's in regional lore-

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Bobbydoppler said:

After experiencing the epic winter of ‘14/15, it’s difficult not to compare subsequent winters with that one, as it is now the benchmark to which future winters will be measured, for me anyway(weenie).  Once you have the good stuff, you want it all the time.

When the 80s come ( and maybe they have given the last couple years), this place will be unreadable. 

• Haha 2