• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

Sometimes Pedro had one of those days that every bloop hit would drop in,  and regardless of the fact that his exit velo against was bottom of the barrel, you need to Yank (pun intended) him when you look up at the scoreboard in the top of the sixth, and your losing to climo 3-1 with a PC approaching 100.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Sometimes Pedro had one of those days that every bloop hit would drop in,  and regardless of the fact that his exit velo against was bottom of the barrel, you need to yank him when you look up at the scoreboard in the top of the sixth and your losing to climo 3-1.

Yanks beat him often that way 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Ray advocating for hoping for a 4" crusty SWFE in February.....never thought I'd see the day. :lol:

Its come to that.....I'm sold on zero dividends from the NAO through the remainder of January, and I don't like the odds of scoring on a big phaser, so I just assume get some storms and take chances with HP placement....BC for the past 5 weeks, I have had 99 problems and precip ain't one....hell, weather of any kind ain't.

5 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Planning for next week here at work, and the Monday/Tuesday "event" has been spoken of as a less than an inch, if that scenario, so not plowable, and the highway staff can plan on doing more interior work to tide them over to the next snow event. 

I have to think we end up with more than 1” down this way IMO.

24 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Sometimes Pedro had one of those days that every bloop hit would drop in,  and regardless of the fact that his exit velo against was bottom of the barrel, you need to yank him when you look up at the scoreboard in the top of the sixth, and your losing to climo 3-1 with a PC approaching 100.

Yeah, it's called the 2004 (?2002? not sure) but ALCS against the Yankees back in the "Surviving Grady Little" years of infamy and dodging success in creative sabotage.

It's the bottom of 5th ... 'Sox still leading 5-3 ...but the Yank's blooped a guy on first, then again ... after a teaser strikeout betwixt. And there they were, Pedro's ego and Little's enabling lack of ability to impose any intelligent will to the scenario, separating happiness from the fan-bases destiny that fateful autumn. So with a guy on 2nd and 1st, one out, and a full-count at the plate ... you knew. 

Hey, we were winning !  It was 5-3 at that instant of mordant prescience ... 

It's hard to remove one's humanity from this involvement - if we were as unmoved, and un-emotively guided as computers, there would have been no posts in the past 10 days due to overwhelming logical influence of low probability of returns in this overall set up. 

We've been pining and posting truth-evasive spin ...while troughs through California transit en route to Arizona...have downwind stretched ridging ... in the means, extending from the front range of the Rockies' longitudes, with some 10 or 12 isohypses rising over the bulge... 

and what?  did we actually think there was hope in getting a S/W amplitude in the east ??    

this is commiseration - not trolling ... but, all the erstwhile the PNA has technically been positive at CPC ( oh, btw - )   yikes.  What happens (then) when next week it plumbs to some -2.5 SD nadir, at the same time, and actually supports that sort of thing.  So the NAO relaxes ( thank heaven for that much ..), but rising NAO that in fact goes to +1 at GEFs-CPC, with a 7 to 10 day neggie PNA ...usually lifts the westerlies over eastern N/A; and since the exertion comes from the S in the expansion shit (always exerting) that's all a constructive interference for warmth I'm afraid. 

So, the problem I have is that it smacks to me as a huge warm up ...just like when I see a chance of a big storm way out there, the other way ... Sort of synergistically inferred, where the models merely have yet to depict it - I almost sense similarly, that when the NAO decays and the PNA is still passing through that nadir ... we could see the models start doing a February 2018 ridge ...  I've been toying with that the past several days - haven't said anything as I am sure that such an insight will garner a captive audience in this particular social media'sphere  LOL  

Edit, as an afterthought ... the AO and SSW stuff ... it should be exerting now.  It's hard to separate though, because the AO was successfully sustaining a negative index for the month or so prior to this timing.  Moreover, presently the AO is forecast to raise to near neutral ... before ?falling? more modestly later on in week two. That's not very convincing that this SSW is really exerting and it is also questionable - to me - that there were/are other planetary mechanics going on that may be damping that input altogether.   If that's the case...February is naked -

• Like 1