• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
January Medium/Long Range Disco Thread

yoda

There are timing differences showing with the gfs. Pretty big ones for two runs 6 hours apart. First with the ne and the late week system and then for next week. Next week has really slowed. This makes me think that we can expect big changes run to run for a while now.

• Like 2

"Right where we want it this far out" will more likely work for the January 12th than the 8th. The blocking around and leading up to January 8th is simply too much of a good thing. However, it relaxes some, and the models all seem to show a currently suppressed storm on the 12th. Based on past experience, I think this will shift NW. I think NW shifts will be real with this one. Our big snows usually come after a relaxation in the block.

2 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

"Right where we want it this far out" will more likely work for the January 12th than the 8th. The blocking around and leading up to January 8th is simply too much of a good thing. However, it relaxes some, and the models all seem to show a currently suppressed storm on the 12th. Based on past experience, I think this will shift NW. I think NW shifts will be real with this one. Our big snows usually come after a relaxation in the block.

thanks psu

• Haha 8

16 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

Saw this on Twitter... 

Eqht2q1XMAEw3As.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

16 minutes ago, Wonderdog said:

Do you think that the H5 look on the 14th has more potential?

I'm sure it will look differnt in 6 hours because there are vorts everywhere . I counted atleast 6 vorts on the map I posted lol. 

My takeaway is that their are plenty of opportunities starting next week. 

Get your sleep this week lol.

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic