Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
12/14 snow/rain/mix - Disco/Obs

nj2va

9 minutes ago, Potvinsux said:

Thinking we can hit 10" in Snowshoe, still with a Winter Weather Advisory.  Never saw a WWA issued for amounts up to 8", as they did yesterday.  Plus it was within a 6-8 hour period.

You should really write your congressman.. snow is such a rare event up there I'm surprised there aren't many deaths

• Haha 2

Rain and 39.  It's amazing how different it can be so close by!  I drove 33 miles to Greenbrier State Park on on I-70 once when I had all rain and even Frederick was a slushy inch, and found 5" with cottonballs coming down.  I might have to make that drive again Wednesday if things trend worse here.  My crusty old '01 Outback would enjoy :D

15 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Based off DOT cams, snow appears to be accumulating on US 40 at the Frederick/Washington County line in non=paved surfaces. An hour ago, it was all rain.

Just looked at that cam before checking back in here...looks like the shoulders are starting to cave up there.  Ill be taking the back roads home from Frederick here in a bit...

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Snow line showing up very well on correlation coefficient radar product.  Looks like the line is along Harpers Ferry-Frederick-just west of mappy's house.  

I don't know CC well enough to interpret correctly, so thanks for this.

25 minutes ago, Potvinsux said:

Definitely heavy snow right now.  Just heard both roads are closed up to snowshoe. Cars stuck and nobody can pass them.

20201214_093156_compress57.jpg

20201214_093137_compress6.jpg

Good Lord Snowshoe is a midatlantic snow lovers paradise.  Wish I was up there! I bet first tracks this morning was awesome...can't imagine come Thursday morning...

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic