Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

8 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

He was in here the other day going against all guidance and blessing the gfs ots solutions.

The Contrarion pope 

When models show plenty of hope he conjures up a weenie rope 

When models show a 5 day whiff he will try and make a case for the weenie to be stiff 

Have faith & Forget my misses they were the devils sneaky hisses 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Funny.. NBC wvit Bob Maxon still has thr state at 6-12" but, he sis say he thongs most will see a foot. He also said a few towns may see more. He is blending both the Euro amd the GFS amd blames the totals for not being higher on the storm racing right out to sea. He said if it were to slow down.. We would see 2' +

Bobby always goes conservative. Always has. Great guy. Ryan will have 12-18” later today . And will mention higher amounts. Lock that

• Like 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Bobby always goes conservative. Always has. Great guy. Ryan will have 12-18” later today . And will mention higher amounts. Lock that

Yeah. I noticed channel 3 WFSB is calling for mostly 10"-20", Gil on Channel 8 WTNH is calling for 12"-24" and also very windy with Blizzard conditions. 

1 minute ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Yeah. I noticed channel 3 WFSB is calling for mostly 10"-20", Gil on Channel 8 WTNH is calling for 12"-24" and also very windy with Blizzard conditions. 

Some of those higher end numbers are silly because that's the only number people will remember, and for a storm that's gonna be truckin', it's gonna be tough to put down widespread totals much over a foot I think. A foot is still a lot of snow. For our state, I would probably say 6-10 or 8-12 and mention localized amounts 4 inches higher than the top number (i.e. 14 or 16).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, snowman21 said:

Some of those higher end numbers are silly because that's the only number people will remember, and for a storm that's gonna be truckin', it's gonna be tough to put down widespread totals much over a foot I think. A foot is still a lot of snow. For our state, I would probably say 6-10 or 8-12 and mention localized amounts 4 inches higher than the top number (i.e. 14 or 16).

I like 8-12, maybe even just go 8-14 for the whole state. Maybe mention it could be slightly less at the immediate shore depending on track.

28 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

No, subsidence is a bigger concern

The tuckiness does make me think a little uncomfortably of Boxing Day and shredded radars and baking powder snow. That was a wound up beast though, so perhaps it won't play out like that this time. Looks like a sweet storm for most of southern to lower central NE! Awesome for mid-December!