• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Malcolm M
    Newest Member
    Malcolm M

Dec 5/6th major coastal/ west Atlantic cyclogenesis ...?

11 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

ehh I don't know about that. I think it really depends. Certainly from a preparation standpoint getting 8-10'' if only like 2 was forecast presents big problems with if like 8-10'' was forecast and 4-6'' fell...people start crying hype and "oh we didn't get as much as they said we would" "we never do" and blah blah blah

Man those vibes get real strong during these events. 

Usually I'm down the middle and objective but one event a year or two ago it looked like I busted 2/3 through a storm and I absolutely melted down on our page before we got a last minute save and I had to apologize for canceling too early :lol: 

Don't blame me I haven't had a real winter since 2014. :axe:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I'm wondering if they will extend the Winter Storm Watch into Hartford County as well. I'm just west of West Hartford on the Farmington Plainville line on top of a hill about 450 feet high. What if that will make some difference

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Oh boy...nammy.

came here just to post the clown map from 12z.  Obviously I'm all in on this solution. is 18z similar?

2020-12-04_145936.jpg

36 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

I've never found snow storms to be much of an issue for power, except the October 2011 job.  As long as leaves are off the trees it's really not a big deal. 

Drunk? I lost power for 3 days due to a heavy wet snow storm the night before thanksgiving 5 or 6 years ago.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

I'm wondering if they will extend the Winter Storm Watch into Hartford County as well. I'm just west of West Hartford on the Farmington Plainville line on top of a hill about 450 feet high. What if that will make some difference

Certainly should be one there. BOX pays CT zones very little mind you’ll learn 

27 minutes ago, Bobbydoppler said:

Hi all. Long time lurker, first time poster.  Is this storm in any way similar to any of the storms we had back in early March of '18?  Seems that way to me with the snow, wind, rain component, power outage likelihood,  and coming on the heels of a storm not 5 days prior.  

Welcome....I don't think this is too similar to the Mar '18 storms....maybe the closest match would have been the Mar 7-8 storm which had all the power outages. But this storm is going to be even warmer at the onset, so there's going to be a long period of rain before any changeover....esp in SE MA. If you are in upper SE MA like near Foxoborough, you'll change over a bit earlier than everyone else down there and could grab several inches.

5 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

18z NAM a hair colder than 12z for eastern SNE folks

Huge hit for northeast CT-central MA-on northeast

BOS gets a nice bone thrown to it around 5-9pm....pretty intense stinger on the CCB. This run slows down a little vs 12z as its tracking across the Cape and northeast which helps the CCB really go to town over E MA than some of the other guidance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Welcome....I don't think this is too similar to the Mar '18 storms....maybe the closest match would have been the Mar 7-8 storm which had all the power outages. But this storm is going to be even warmer at the onset, so there's going to be a long period of rain before any changeover....esp in SE MA. If you are in upper SE MA like near Foxoborough, you'll change over a bit earlier than everyone else down there and could grab several inches.

That one was pasty as heck