Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Banter 2020

George BM

29 minutes ago, Ji said:

in november Eric Webb looked at the EPS and said pump this pattern into my veins.

NC still hasnt seen a flake outside the western mountains

Actually there were widespread snow flurries in NC on Christmas day as a result of the forcing from that Mega-front.  I saw some in Old Fort NC (just east of Asheville) and my parents saw some in Hope Mills (just southwest of Fayetteville).  Of course, nothing stuck but it was still nice to see on Christmas.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

For those that don't follow me on Twitter:

Today was a rough day. My parents let me know that after 13.5 years and raising him from an 8 week old puppy, we had to put down our family dog. He went downhill very rapidly under suspicion of a malignant brain tumor. I wish I could've held him and pet him one last time. What a horrible way to end 2020. Hopefully it snows tomorrow night and Thursday, but I'm beginning to have doubts. This year can pound sand. 

So sorry. Just sucks. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, yoda said:

@high risk @dtk  sever backup is in Orlando?

NOUS42 KWNO 300936
ADASDM

SENIOR DUTY METEOROLOGIST NWS ALERT ADMINISTRATIVE MESSAGE
NWS NCEP CENTRAL OPERATIONS COLLEGE PARK MD
0936Z WED DEC 30 2020

...EMERGENCY WCOSS PRODUCTION SWITCH - FINAL UPDATE...

NCO has completed post emergency switch model production cleanup.
 NCEP model production is running normally in Orlando.

There are two machines:  one in Orlando and one in Reston.      One of them is the production machine, and one is the development machine, but they switch back and forth.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

I'm currently watching my 600 lb life. Samantha finds herself at a crossroads as she hits 940 lbs.

After getting up to 974 lbs she did end up getting under 500 before the show ended. This show is both tragic and fascinating

26 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Never good news seeing a totally dead fourm the last day of December. I guess we're waiting on the unicorn blocking to start (like every winter).

Not much to say that hasn't been said 100x at this point on the LR outlook. Outside of chasing freezing drizzle, mangled flakes, or a sleet pellet for extreme northern parts of the region in the short term, we are in wait and watch mode for awhile.

Maybe something trackable pops up on guidance over the next few days as we move a bit closer to the sweeeeeet period we all know is imminent.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Not much to say that hasn't been said 100x at this point on the LR outlook. Outside of chasing freezing drizzle, mangled flakes, or a sleet pellet for extreme northern parts of the region in the short term, we are in wait and watch mode for awhile.

Maybe something trackable pops up on guidance over the next few days as we move a bit closer to the sweeeeeet period we all know is imminent.

I for one am waiting for the post mortem of how this block set all kinds of records and how the AO was so negative and how the EPO went suddenly negative and the pacific decided to cooperate and how we managed to finish the year at IAD with 15" of snow

1 minute ago, leesburg 04 said:

I for one am waiting for the post mortem of how this block set all kinds of records and how the AO was so negative and how the EPO went suddenly negative and the pacific decided to cooperate and how we managed to finish the year at IAD with 15" of snow

It's better than 96 and 2009-10 how can it possibly disappoint?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

We score a solid storm in late Jan. Then pattern relaxes for two weeks. Great pattern returns around V-day, but we get fringed while NYC on north gets 2’. 80F by March 5.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic