Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2020/2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

4 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Never came down hard enough here for anything noticeable on the ground, but it's been nice to have the on and off light snow for most of the afternoon. Right now getting some star shaped snow pellets. Nice day!

I think you're making excuses to not get started on the snow pile.

• Haha 1

Liking the looks on the ensembles of the Scandinavian ridging (which has essentially been locked-in since early Oct) not only feeding and fueling the NAO ridge but also bolstering the -AO. Pac isn't looking terrible with a low around Western Alaska and a flat ridge in the PNA region. Again, we don't need/want to see -5 SD in the AO/NAO...subtle anomalies often end up verifying more often than those unicorn teases we've seen over the past few years. With these looks we should have ample chances at the very least.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JTA66 said:

I think you're making excuses to not get started on the snow pile.

Hey now, you're talking to the crazy couple who "shoveled" 500 feet of driveway last winter to get a 2 foot high pile of powder, from the 2nd biggest snowfall of the season, a whopping 1/2", lol. Also the only time we had snow stick to the driveway.

Let's see if this winter brings enough for a larger snow pile!

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

12 minutes ago, Newman said:

Our first real trackable event of the season. 12z GFS lays the hammer for the next week storm

prateptype_cat.us_ne.png

prateptype_cat.us_ne.png

sn10_acc.us_ne.png

Would be sweet, days away and not much wiggle room but even some potential to track is positive. NE gets clobbered. 

Ji already complaining in the MA subforum....some things never change.  

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

JMA, ICON, Euro, GFS, and CMC all have the midweek event. Gaining legs. Of most importance regarding this threat is the better confluence showing up and a stronger HP with subsequent deeper CAD continuing to show with each new run. Heading the right direction. Anyone who starts a specific thread of this threat before Sunday should have an auto-ban. No jinxes. Let's roll.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Talk about a fine line if it sets up as depicted. 15" to less than an 1' in a short drive... 

fl.jpg

Glad I moved 20 miles north last year. Difference between 15" in Hopewell and 3" in Levittown :lol: This storm would fall on my 30th bday so I'm rooting pretty hard for it. It's never snowed over .1" on my birthday so really if we get anything, it's going to be memorable. Really liking the set up! Best one we've had in a while and just inside 7 days! 

Edit: Threat on the 20-21st isn't terrible either on the GFS a pretty close miss, very interested to see what the ensembles have to say on that as well.