Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2020/2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

1 minute ago, The Iceman said:

Lehigh Valley, even upper bucks/montco....  12z euro says don't give up on Monday yet either

sn10_acc.us_ne.png&key=1cc80ab5246a1d1ab

Verbatim BL temps are 33-35. So would need some decent rates for accumulation. Perhaps a C-1" as an appetizer before the big dog Wednesday?

• Like 1

Just now, Newman said:

Verbatim BL temps are 33-35. So would need some decent rates for accumulation. Perhaps a C-1" as an appetizer before the big dog Wednesday?

Yeah, i was surprised to see it spit out so much but definitely won't be 10:1.. no high in place either. I think we all agree that Wednesday is the main event, do you think we want Monday weaker or stronger?

Just now, The Iceman said:

Yeah, i was surprised to see it spit out so much but definitely won't be 10:1.. no high in place either. I think we all agree that Wednesday is the main event, do you think we want Monday weaker or stronger?

I'd actually prefer it stronger under one condition: it doesn't slow down in the process. We need enough wave spacing to allow for a recovery for the mid-week system. So a weaker Monday system would probably mean a faster in-and-out. But in the end, it doesn't matter as long as it doesn't slow down and screw up the storm for Wednesday

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

12z CMC totals or this storm is a disappointment :lol: :weenie:

My expectations are tempered for now. Nice to have something under 7 days to track. You know as well as I how hard it is to have a bullseye hold for 3 days let alone 5 or 6. Thats an eternity. Pattern is woofing but I am not sold on any one solution just yet. 12z suite has shown quite a range of solutions....a cold rain, a nothing burger, and a blizzard. It is encouraging to see 2 out of the 3 big models with hits. Another couple of days. 

3 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Monday is our 50/50 under the block for mid week. Strong but steady moving is the ticket.

Eta: ninja'd by @Newman

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

It’s wrong for the city. Maybe some snow in the normal elevated burbs, butbIt’s showing snow with temps above freezing at 925 etc

Yeah. I'm thinking upper Mont/Bucks may see a little something but Lehigh Valley has a good shot. I may see a couple sloppy flakes but that's about it. I don't really care....it's all about Wednesday.

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Monday is looking more and more interesting out this way. Watch Monday be the bigger system of this week.

Things are going our way too much...it's hard to believe. It seems each model run (Mon/Wed events) just confirms the previous one, sometimes better. I'll just enjoy the ride...

• Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Things are going our way too much...it's hard to believe. It seems each model run (Mon/Wed events) just confirms the previous one, sometimes better. I'll just enjoy the ride...

Yep. Going to be an interesting week. Would be thrilled to score a few inches of snow by this time Thursday night. Would be disappointing to whiff on both but tbh I wouldn't be shocked. Unlikely, but again, we fail rather well in recent years. Would be just as shocked to score something out of both. Again, not being greedy. Just whiten the ground a bit and let it feel like the holidays and I'm happy.

7 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Yep. Going to be an interesting week. Would be thrilled to score a few inches of snow by this time Thursday night. Would be disappointing to whiff on both but tbh I wouldn't be shocked. Unlikely, but again, we fail rather well in recent years. Would be just as shocked to score something out of both. Again, not being greedy. Just whiten the ground a bit and let it feel like the holidays and I'm happy.

Snow on snow before Christmas....that would be sweet.

Yeah, I just want some snow on the ground. It makes the outdoor lights look that much better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

ICON is in the Euro and NAM camp now for Monday.  Even more amped up look on the TT site. Seeing some really different looks now as lead time lessens.. Rain to thump of slushy accum snow for most. We take?

Of course!

I always like rain to snow events....the changeover is a adrenaline rush. On the flip side snow to rain is major depression... 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RedSky said:

With growing media hype for the storm next wed-thur people are gonna be freaking out confused if it snows 3-5" Monday

Did my shopping tonight. I can only imagine the stores next week, week before Christmas, major storm incoming, and in the grips of a pandemic. Can you say completely wiped shelves??