Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2020/2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

9 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

tenor.gif

I agree, long range on models don't look too great the next few weeks. I think maybe we switch final week of Decemeber heading into the new year. It's crazy I haven't received a measurable snowfall since the 2nd week of January last winter. Would be crazy to go an entire calendar year between measurable snowfalls...

• Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, Newman said:

I agree, long range on models don't look too great the next few weeks. I think maybe we switch final week of Decemeber heading into the new year. It's crazy I haven't received a measurable snowfall since the 2nd week of January last winter. Would be crazy to go an entire calendar year between measurable snowfalls...

Thats exactly where I'm at too. 'Maybe' a brief chance mid-month then crud pattern. Based on historic analogs looking at different tellies, January should provide some chances.

28 minutes ago, Newman said:

Richmond VA is game for 1" it appears, they only get 10.3" a winter. Old man winter is laughing :oldman:

• Weenie 1

35 minutes ago, Newman said:

Same. My entire 1.5" last year fell in that storm. Since the 2016 blizzard, met winter has been just about non existent in these parts and things don't look to be changing anytime soon. When I get some time I'll check for sure, but this has got to be one of the worst 5 year met winter stretches ever. If we don't get saved in March in both 17-18 and 18-19, we're talking about one of the worst stretches of winter ever around here.

• Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Seriously, I'd be happy with mood flakes at this point...like watching Jalen Hurts throwing a touchdown in garbage time.

It was a nice throw though...Wentz would have been sacked.

Yeah, tomorrow morning should be cool. Just seeing flakes falling and cold temps....may be a Jeb walk morning?

• Weenie 1

31 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

It was a nice throw though...Wentz would have been sacked.

Yeah, tomorrow morning should be cool. Just seeing flakes falling and cold temps....may be a Jeb walk morning?

Jeb walk! That's a term I haven't heard in a few years. (Probably because it hasn't snowed much the last few years.)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Seriously, I'd be happy with mood flakes at this point...like watching Jalen Hurts throwing a touchdown in garbage time.

That was the best moment of the Eagles season so far. Hopefully just the preview of Hurts leading this team to victory over the Saints ;) Kinda like how tomorrow will hopefully be the preview of a real event in the next week....

• Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

That was the best moment of the Eagles season so far. Hopefully just the preview of Hurts leading this team to victory over the Saints ;) Kinda like how tomorrow will hopefully be the preview of a real event in the next week....

Is that confirmed? I picture Pederson throwing up a curveball and starting Wentz...

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Birds~69 said:

Is that confirmed? I picture Pederson throwing up a curveball and starting Wentz...

Not confirmed... just my weenie hopes and dreams. Knowing dougie, we'll probably have to coddle Wentz for another half before Hurts gets a shot. And knowing climo, the big event next week will probably be 50% rain :lol: :axe: 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

I always hated when summer ended and always wasted my fall, but I kept so busy with projects outside and working on the boat I bought right before labor day. Really don't mind 50-55 degree sunny days now, so hoping for a mild winter and getting some nice days. Going to FL for a week next week to warm up these bones. It's been cold lately!

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, hurricane1091 said:

I always hated when summer ended and always wasted my fall, but I kept so busy with projects outside and working on the boat I bought right before labor day. Really don't mind 50-55 degree sunny days now, so hoping for a mild winter and getting some nice days. Going to FL for a week next week to warm up these bones. It's been cold lately!

Means "I'm getting old".

You have April til Oct+ to work on the boat...have a little fun with winter.

Believe me I dig the outdoors/boating/fishing. Starting in April w/trout season....everything during the summer and ending with crabbing late Sept/early October..

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Two things confirmed.....

1. Wentz on the Bench

2. Opening one blind to peek out...things suddenly look workable on the ensemble means. Not great....yet...but not the shutout look that was advertised run after run for a while.

tenor-1.gif

For real? If I had to watch one more smiling Wentz post game saying he knows how good he is and were going to get this fixed this next week...

• Weenie 1

14 minutes ago, RedSky said:

For real? If I had to watch one more smiling Wentz post game saying he knows how good he is and were going to get this fixed this next week...

DROVE ME NUTS! Does he need a new Sears craftsman toolbox to fix things? Next week same shit, over and over. 

Best case scenario Hurst plays decently well (and improving) for the rest of the year but they lose every game and gain a higher draft pick. 

Oh yeah, weather. Been outside quite a bit and really is a good afternoon if you like colder temps/wind/low sun angle. Much better than 95F/HHH/allergies and with bugs F'n with me...

37F

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Certainly a threat at day 5-6 in the MR. Euro holds the Plains energy back and allows for more spacing to amplify while most other models are faster with the flow and don't allow for much amplification due to wavelength issues with a low over the GL/SE Canada much like the system from Monday which brought light snow to the southern mid atl but was moving off the SE coast (GGEM is a close look to that). Something to watch and has potential if things can slow down with just enough HL blocking to force the Plains energy to dig to the Gulf States ala the Euro.

I do like the much better looks of the GEFS and GEPS going forward in time. Not a unicorn look but better Baffin ridging, Aleutian low look. Blinds are opening. I should post the gif above more often....reverse psychology might work. We'll see.

• Like 1