Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2020/2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

EPS mean qpf VERY impressive with a 6" snowfall mean even in my central Bucks neighborhood.

Morning afd from mt holly.

Monday depending on track of 1st low rain...some snow may be possible northern perimeter.

wednesday - hedging bets rain south and a mix bag north.. need to check back frequently it was noted as the Monday storm track is still to early to call!!

9 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Yeah but you know this isn't gonna happen. I hope but we're 5 days away....Euro will probably piss us off in a little bit.

CMC is the high end perfect situation. On the other side we have the UKIE which is a weak nothing burger,  and the ICON which is mainly a Rainer.

It is good to see the GFS and GEFS (also a darn near perfect track for PHL and closeby) honking. Still a long way out. Im torn whether the early seasonal trend of tracking farther N and W with slp will verify OR if as I mentioned yesterday the -AO/-NAO help us out. Decent CAD look appearing also which tends to show more as lead times lessen traditionally. 

I would think guidance will continue to show several varying solutions and p-type thru AT LEAST early Sunday. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

I'm happy and giddy now but I won't take anything super serious till Monday with somewhat agreement among models. Like others, I've been down this road waaayyyy too many times....

Yepper. If we had no hits and a bunch of swings and misses or cutters we would all be saying we have 6 days to change. There's no rule ( @RedSky please confirm via the weenie handbook) that this cant turn into a disaster still. Definitely need to wait until Sunday but more likely Monday before dusting off the champagne bottles. Tuesday AM we can put on ice. Tuesday PM we can pop corks.....hopefully.

7 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Yepper. If we had no hits and a bunch of swings and misses or cutters we would all be saying we have 6 days to change. There's no rule ( @RedSky please confirm via the weenie handbook) that this cant turn into a disaster still. Definitely need to wait until Sunday but more likely Monday before dusting off the champagne bottle. Tuesday AM we can put on ice. Tuesday PM we can pop corks.....hopefully.

Consult your handbook I know you have one, that's a top 10 rule - The model that shows a train wreck solution is the most likely to verify

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, JTA66 said:

My inner weenie is saying, "the models like to sniff out the big dogs early."

My Debbie Downer is saying, "11 more chances for Dr. No to change his opinion."

At least there's something to track. We haven't been able to say that for a few years.

I just want to see a road snow covered! Maybe a plow truck? I'm a simple guy...

• Weenie 1