Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Medium/Long Range Discussion

yoda

1 minute ago, Amped said:

Remember how bad forecast were in 2002. there was 4" on the ground with SN+ in state college by the time people saw this paper.  Ended up with 8"

F9bfXEs.png

LOL that’s funny.

Forecasts were a bit better in MD. I remember a Winter Storm Watch for 3-6”, and as I was listening on my NOAA radio they were downplaying the chance of a major storm, but still said there’s a good chance of 4”+, which of course was good enough for me.

And then the day before the storm it was upgraded to a warning for 4-8” and had the Baltimore area in the bullseye. We ended up with 8” in Lutherville where I grew up, with 7.4” in BWI. And I especially enjoyed it because it was so much more snow than the entire previous season, and the snow cover lasted a long time, long enough to be followed by a moderate ice storm the following week (it would’ve definitely been all rain without the snowpack to cool the surface). So many snow days to enjoy, and PDII was still months away.

4 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Upper carroll county/baltimore county folks probably score a slushy inch or two on Monday per the 12z Euro. Catoctins look good too. 

works for me

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

ecmwf-deterministic-dc-instant_ptype-7968800.png

oh man that is razor close rain/snow IMBY

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic