Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Medium/Long Range Discussion

yoda

18 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

Just a snapshot of what models are being asked to handle...Blocking galore and energy flying around everywhere.  Not that it hasnt been said but anything past D7-8 is a crapshoot..

xxikPOP.png

Not sure what you mean. Looks like a clear triple phaser March 93 incoming.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • Weenie 6

1 minute ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I'm always conservative with mixed bag events and any snow map beyond D2.

yeah I agree.. I am not getting too excited bout this one.. especially with the euro taking a step back... our best hope would be for the front to clear the area and then an upper level low comes bowling through spawning a snowstorm.. 

the anafront is not really a thing here

I was just sayong 3-6 cause the HH GFS actually did show 3-6.. and its Christmas eve so..

23 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Still on the subject of DT. He called that window last week well before it happened. Then it kinda disappeared for a bit before it came roaring back. I don’t mind listening to him even if the models don’t show your yard getting two feet.

Most Meterologists don't change their forecast every 6 hours lol. If we ( this board) were in charge of forecasting for NWS people would have whiplash lol.

I think DT is very knowledgeable ,his delivery is undesirable though lol.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

DT still saying lots of potential and opportunities I think I'll wait for Jaydebbiedowner, nosfan and jerkkel to confirm 

LOL. If you want to take things out of context, that's on you. I have no problem with him, or anyone, saying there is lots of potential and opportunities. There certainly is. But invoking best pattern since 1996 given what we've seen over the past 25 + years is insanity and it's hyping. There are people who actually go to him for their weather needs. There are people that read this board who are weather novices eating this stuff up. It's irresponsible.

41 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Still on the subject of DT. He called that window last week well before it happened. Then it kinda disappeared for a bit before it came roaring back. I don’t mind listening to him even if the models don’t show your yard getting two feet.

He called that, but so did literally everyone in the world. The NAO was rising then. It was pretty easy.

I like how you left off him woofing about the complete swing and miss in early December.

2 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

He called that, but so did literally everyone in the world. The NAO was rising then. It was pretty easy.

I like how you left off him woofing about the complete swing and miss in early December.

Well my memory ain’t what it once was, but if I remember correctly we did get a storm then but it was just too warm. I could be wrong.

6 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

LOL. If you want to take things out of context, that's on you. I have no problem with him, or anyone, saying there is lots of potential and opportunities. There certainly is. But invoking best pattern since 1996 given what we've seen over the past 25 + years is insanity and it's hyping. There are people who actually go to him for their weather needs. There are people that read this board who are weather novices eating this stuff up. It's irresponsible.

If you disagree, then what would you say is the best pattern since 1996? One of them has to be the best one.

28 minutes ago, midatlanticweather said:

Pattern recognition and actual outcomes are two different things. The bickering over DT comments is ridiculous. The pattern looks favorable for potential winter weather. Stick with that and let's see it play out. Please stop the madness. 

Thank you. Spot on.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Scraff said:

The @CAPE Xmas miracle still lives! A quick 1-2”(clown maps) snow blast I’m sure would be just fine with everyone. GFS still has it in some weird way, but we take...

If it obliterates my healthy snowpack only to replace it with a fraction that’s not exactly a win. I’d rather simply avoid the 12 hour torch and keep my current snow lol. But for those not with snow OTG I can see the excitement. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic