• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Enera
    Newest Member
    Enera

November Banter 2020

16 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I’ll say this, it certainly is nice “sit on the front porch and drink a beer” weather.

I’m all for cold holidays, but it would be ok with me to get a nice day like we’ve had in the last week on Thanksgiving so I could have my mom and dad over in the backyard without worrying about them getting sick. Otherwise, I think it’s going to be a quiet turkey day here.

• Like 3

Heard Katydids the last few nights.  Yep close to the middle of Nov!  Went out in the woods looking for fireflies, didn't see any and would have been floored if I did!  The latest I've seen them come back is October 07, 2018.  This year they were in and out quickly.

• Like 1

Been a while since I’ve popped in. Hope everyone is well. It’s a raw evening so why not drink an imperial cookie dough stout aged in willett bourbon barrels. 12.8%. It’s stout SZN!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My 10th grader starts in person today.  Carroll county public schools at their meeting last night tried to pull the rug out last minute AGAIN ( 12 hours before)but they said that would be shitty move . My daughter is super excited. 

19 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

My 10th grader starts in person today.  Carroll county public schools at their meeting last night tried to pull the rug out last minute AGAIN ( 12 hours before)but they said that would be shitty move . My daughter is super excited. 

I have 2 going back today too....they are so looking forward to lunch.  Happy they didn't pull the rug, but it probably will be yanked in a few weeks.  

At least High School Basketball is starting on Dec 7th....for now. 

its been taken care of trixie, move along. we aren't doing that here. 

2 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

So for the "Washington Football Team", is this what can be said of them every week when they screw up?...

WTF, WFT?!?!  JFC!! :lol:

I just call them the WTFs.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So...@WxWatcher007...where is this year's Panic Room?  Reaper taking an extended vacation?  There were so many promises of upgrades!  I was particularly looking forward to the snakes you advertised, as long as they've been better trained, and don't spill the drinks when they knock on your door!

Is it social distancing issues, and limited space as a result?  Can't keep people 6 feet under...errrr...6 feet apart??  No bone sanitizer available?  Reaper working with a...skeletal crew this year??  (pun very much intended!!):lol:

I'm sure this will be a record-breaking year for you going by some of the discussion.  Consider it the inverse of winter 2009-10!  @Ji might ask for his money back if he isn't allowed in...hasn't he reserved a penthouse suite years in advance, using his "I cancelled winter first this season!" coupon??  He must get as many of those as I do of the Bed, Bath, and Beyond 20% off coupons!!

But in all seriousness (if I can be)...hope you are doing well these days!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, toolsheds said:

I have 2 going back today too....they are so looking forward to lunch.  Happy they didn't pull the rug, but it probably will be yanked in a few weeks.  

At least High School Basketball is starting on Dec 7th....for now. 

Just talked to my 10 th gr daughter and she said it was awesome to be back in school and she said she had a great 1st day . Hope you're kids did to. My oldest a senior is stuck doing her Carroll community college dual enrollment classes all virtual probably through May the way it looks. So she will never set foot in the college itself most likely.  As long as Temple university is back in person by next Fall so she can compete gymnastics . As far as sports ...all club leagues have been going since June . And many use the public school fields.  So there's no reason HS sports can't with appropriate safety measures.  Heck many HS teachers are coaching these club teams . Good luck with the basketball btw.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

This weather is so terrible that I guess @Bob Chillisnt even going to make an appearance this winter. 

He will show up if/when there is a trackable "threat". So yeah, we may not see him in the next few months.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

You bring it every time you make a post and I’m all the way here for it!

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493blf1fj9knq7uu376la4

Enjoy them while you can WW. That is before you have to morph into your other identity to go collecting. As always ....

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Just talked to my 10 th gr daughter and she said it was awesome to be back in school and she said she had a great 1st day . Hope you're kids did to. My oldest a senior is stuck doing her Carroll community college dual enrollment classes all virtual probably through May the way it looks. So she will never set foot in the college itself most likely.  As long as Temple university is back in person by next Fall so she can compete gymnastics . As far as sports ...all club leagues have been going since June . And many use the public school fields.  So there's no reason HS sports can't with appropriate safety measures.  Heck many HS teachers are coaching these club teams . Good luck with the basketball btw.

Thanks.  Glad to hear that it went well for your two.  My two both seemed happy as well. I do know that my 10th grader had class sizes of 6, 5, 2 and 3; so a lot of students are staying virtual.  I picked them up today and most of the busses were 90% empty.  Luckily for my Senior, he had dual enrollment, but the course is at South Carroll in their "tech center" , so he is getting it in-person. He is a math/science kid, so this helps since it is English 101.   :-)  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toolsheds said:

Thanks.  Glad to hear that it went well for your two.  My two both seemed happy as well. I do know that my 10th grader had class sizes of 6, 5, 2 and 3; so a lot of students are staying virtual.  I picked them up today and most of the busses were 90% empty.  Luckily for my Senior, he had dual enrollment, but the course is at South Carroll in their "tech center" , so he is getting it in-person. He is a math/science kid, so this helps since it is English 101.   :-)  

In Bolded...

All the more reason to give families the choice for in person with such small class sizes.  

2 hours ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

So...@WxWatcher007...where is this year's Panic Room?  Reaper taking an extended vacation?  There were so many promises of upgrades!  I was particularly looking forward to the snakes you advertised, as long as they've been better trained, and don't spill the drinks when they knock on your door!

Is it social distancing issues, and limited space as a result?  Can't keep people 6 feet under...errrr...6 feet apart??  No bone sanitizer available?  Reaper working with a...skeletal crew this year??  (pun very much intended!!):lol:

I'm sure this will be a record-breaking year for you going by some of the discussion.  Consider it the inverse of winter 2009-10!  @Ji might ask for his money back if he isn't allowed in...hasn't he reserved a penthouse suite years in advance, using his "I cancelled winter first this season!" coupon??  He must get as many of those as I do of the Bed, Bath, and Beyond 20% off coupons!!

But in all seriousness (if I can be)...hope you are doing well these days!

We're almost ready. As you know, this is a year unlike any other, and we've needed to fortify our compound. 

muralla-de-avila-fortified-walls-of-avil

Of course, we will have guards to ensure strict compliance with social distancing mandates. 

skeletons1_6883.jpg

We are ready. We have greatly increased our medical staff, and we are prepared for whatever comes our way. 

500_F_92312342_au5wlKdHLUrHTGEa5G165SoyG

Scared of being in the bubble alone? We've got the deal for you! For the first time ever, we are offering couples discounts!

Buy a suite and get a discount on couples therapy. 

7IWrIY5.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

We're almost ready. As you know, this is a year unlike any other, and we've needed to fortify our compound. 

muralla-de-avila-fortified-walls-of-avil

Of course, we will have guards to ensure strict compliance with social distancing mandates. 

skeletons1_6883.jpg

We are ready. We have greatly increased our medical staff, and we are prepared for whatever comes our way. 

500_F_92312342_au5wlKdHLUrHTGEa5G165SoyG

Scared of being in the bubble alone? We've got the deal for you! For the first time ever, we are offering couples discounts!

Buy a suite and get a discount on couples therapy. 

7IWrIY5.jpg

I would guess he just offered to trade someone for a KU 2 day, dry powder 3 footer, with lasting power .As always ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, rclab said:

I would guess he just offered to trade someone for a KU 2 day, dry powder 3 footer, with lasting power .As always ...

Snow is serious business. As a full service operation, we like to think ahead at The Panic Room.

We have legal counsel on retainer to cover all your needs. We’re offering 40% off divorce services with the discount code EURO.

For estate planning, we’re offering 20% off with the discount code POS NAO.

No bones about it, our staff are the best around.

JjCtBaQ.jpg

sVg6jdq.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Best ad for legal services I’ve ever seen. I’m working on an appendix for the KU volumes. It will be specifically on oak leaf drop. It will cover depth, drifting, wet, dry and fall/wind ratios. And thanks to the Mid A sub forum; a special section on the climate reality of leaf slides will be added. The appendix can be left as an unattached reading material in the P.R. Lounge or be given as an addition to the welcome bag. At worst the appendix can be read, at best it can be used in the facilities when the residents run out after reading another another cold season projection. I passed it on to DT for peer review. He’s a brilliant young man and gave me an honest, well meaning, sometimes poignant and a mostly 4 letter word review. As always ...

• Like 2