Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Oct 29-30 snow threat

Typhoon Tip

8 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Guys ...some people like reading - 

you're not one of them. Fine - don't read it.  

If Chris doesn't give a shit beyond the first sentence or two...that's okay too - but that's who it was addressed to. 

You're welcome to read that take on things if you like ... 

From a laptop/PC interface, it is not as long as you think - it's just that on a phone it 'looks' overwhelming -

All in fun man. Yeah I’m on mobile so it looks like my senior thesis. I actually read your posts when I get the chance.

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

All in fun man. Yeah I’m on mobile so it looks like my senior thesis. I actually read your posts when I get the chance.

yeah ..I don't mean to come off like I'm offended or above having the shit kicked out of me - I laughed when I read your war and peace jibe and thought to actually post, " yeah, who was that asshole" ...

I shoulda told folks ...well, warned folks that it may be longish .. lol..

Thing is, the GFS speed surplus has been in my craw for awhile and I was venting perhaps - ... It's also a speed surplus that is being sort of " hidden " by the fact that it is happening in a fast flow anyway - and that's really got me pissed off at it.  haha.   

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

yeah ..I don't mean to come off like I'm offended or above having the shit kicked out of me - I laughed when I read your war and peace jibe and thought to actually post, " yeah, who was that asshole" ...

I should told folks ...well, warned folks that it may be longish .. lol..

Thing is, the GFS speed surplus has been in my craw for awhile and I was venting perhaps - ... It's also a speed surplus that is being sort of " hidden " by the fact that it is happening in a fast flow anyway - and that's really got me pissed off at it.  haha.   

Its no big deal. Like you said, people are free to scroll. I'm sure the average reader actually consumes about 20% if my winter outlooks. :lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I shoulda told folks ...well, warned folks that it may be longish .. lol..

All jokes aside .. how is the book doing? Sales good? I was trying to find it on Amazon but couldn’t remember the name 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

I just cut the lawn last weekend. Not putting snowblower on yet. Am anxious though to try out new generator, so if power goes out, bring it on.

Our genny got a 10-hour workout thanks to the late September storm.  It's like insurance - good to have but one is happy if it's never needed.

• Like 1

So you know ...not without compassion ..buuut, it does seem that the intent of recognizing the season's first chance at a synoptic snow as a singulare virtuosity might have gotten a little lost in the din of expectation ? 

Not really anyone's fault. It's a bit much to keep things in perspective, when the models timed .. cocaine solutions into the consideration ... like 12z yesterday, right when they did. Kind of encouraged this morph into a winter storm box as opposed to a recognition box.  But, that's why this thread got going - because the models did that... I just hope the recog part doesn't get lost.

This fast nature of the flow ...the N/stream part of this hasn't finished arriving over land up there in western Canada - 

Now...I am not sure "if/when" that old school data sparseness issue is/isn't even applicable, but... having wave mechanics actually physically sampled as opposed to detected electromagnetically from 23,000 miles in space ... seems better doesn't it.  Ha!  But it used still matter, even though the modelers at NCEP ( I think..) used to extol its virtue as being just as good.. That may be the case nowadays... 

25 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

I just cut the lawn last weekend. Not putting snowblower on yet. Am anxious though to try out new generator, so if power goes out, bring it on.

Ya I’m not thinking you need the blower just yet...unless this thing roars back on guidance tomorrow, which is always a possibility obviously?  And whatever you get it will melt fast in the days following. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Even a touch of snow and sleet would be cool to see around these parts. Certainly possible if NAM is right. 

Yeah, it's a crazy cold airmass lurking for this time of the year. Even though there's potential for higher amounts if this weren't flat, even 1-3" would be pretty amazing.