• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fujiwara79
    Newest Member
    fujiwara79

Winter 2020-21 Medium/Long Range Discussion

17 hours ago, Cary67 said:

When are you moving out to McHenry Co. when the rain/snow line sets up across Chicagostorms backyard

I left McHenry Co as soon as I could, awful place. Good snow climo tho

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah, that is what happened in 1917, though the main change happened around December 5th. which wouldn't surprise me if that timeframe isn't again when the main change comes. The Westerly QBO though is a annoyance.

• Like 2

I'm much more  a guy that's worried about 1-2" snow rates in Burlington,Iowa headed east-northeast into my neck of the woods in the next 3 hours versus what's happening in the Gulf of Alaska. I'm just not into the long game.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, A-L-E-K said:

nice hit on the euro

You go, Alek. I have full confidence that if we just let you take charge of this one, that it'll be roped in for sure. 

After the first 2/3 of November featured unusually sunny, quiet weather, the stormy pattern starting to show up in late November is right on cue.  Here's to a stormy Winter ahead! I am sure there will be plenty of annoyances along the way (rain, model failures, torches etc.) but overall I feel Nina is going to help us have some fun times ahead. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Cary67 said:

Canadian tagging along also

Gonna be a banger winter if we get northern stream waves riding like that, even with the rainers and intermittent torches 

• Like 7

Whatever happens with next week's storm, it looks like the airmass after it will be our first real wintry aimrass of the season, not counting whatever the heck happened the week before halloween. It'll be nice to get in a much more active pattern, the last few months have been pretty boring outside of the Election day warmth, the mid-october cold snap, and the tropics.

• Like 1