• Member Statistics

    16,116
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Irish
    Newest Member
    Irish
    Joined
doncat

Autumn 2020 Banter

Recommended Posts

With the dry weather looking to continue the next several days...most of us have only seen two rain events during the last 33 days...fortunately they were significant for many of us locally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

The ECMWF charts are now available:

https://www.ecmwf.int/en/forecasts/charts/catalogue/?facets=Type,Forecasts

Warning: The DJF seasonal forecast may be hazardous to one’s preferences.

It will be interesting to see if sites like Tropical Tidbits and Pivitol Weather add the extra maps. While the ECMWF has a ton of data now available on the site, the other sites have have a more intuitive interface and better looking maps. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The CFSv2 is hinting at the period starting after Oct. 17 and continuing all the way out to the start of December, could average BN overall.         500mb Heights rarely are AN.     November has given us 6 BN months in the last 10 years----but then this gets coupled to an AN December usually---I believe.

NB    Only Suicide Jockeys call for long term BN T's.

  • Weenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL for anthony 

Columbus Day
A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly sunny, with a high near 21. Wind chill values between 3 and 8. Breezy, with a west wind around 25 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Tonight
Snow, mainly after 11pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 20. Wind chill values between -4 and 3. Windy, with a west southwest wind 24 to 29 mph increasing to 31 to 36 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 46 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 20 to 26 inches possible.
Tuesday
Snow before 2pm, then snow showers after 2pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Steady temperature around 23. Wind chill values between -4 and 1. Strong and damaging winds, with a west southwest wind 75 to 85 mph decreasing to 65 to 75 mph. Winds could gust as high as 120 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 30 to 36 inches possible.
Tuesday Night
Snow showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15. Wind chill values between -1 and -7. Very windy, with a west wind 65 to 75 mph decreasing to 41 to 51 mph. Winds could gust as high as 100 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 16 to 22 inches possible.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Concerning the next 30-Day 2M T Anomalies for the nation, the EURO Weeklies and CFSv2 look like Matter-AntiMatter.       Which will be right?     Or will they both go before the Firing Squad together?      btw:   The EURO is the warm one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Rjay said:

6a3c72dc-c805-4b91-bee7-bafdf9b3b3ea.gif

That looks beautiful hurricane into a blizzard! One can only wish!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm way more skeptical we'd be able to pull down that much cold air to get snow than of the storm's potential existence

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2020 at 8:17 PM, Dan76 said:

LOL for anthony 

Columbus Day
A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly sunny, with a high near 21. Wind chill values between 3 and 8. Breezy, with a west wind around 25 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Tonight
Snow, mainly after 11pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 20. Wind chill values between -4 and 3. Windy, with a west southwest wind 24 to 29 mph increasing to 31 to 36 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 46 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 20 to 26 inches possible.
Tuesday
Snow before 2pm, then snow showers after 2pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Steady temperature around 23. Wind chill values between -4 and 1. Strong and damaging winds, with a west southwest wind 75 to 85 mph decreasing to 65 to 75 mph. Winds could gust as high as 120 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 30 to 36 inches possible.
Tuesday Night
Snow showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15. Wind chill values between -1 and -7. Very windy, with a west wind 65 to 75 mph decreasing to 41 to 51 mph. Winds could gust as high as 100 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 16 to 22 inches possible.

how much for New Brunswick?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Will - Rutgers said:

i'm way more skeptical we'd be able to pull down that much cold air to get snow than of the storm's potential existence

Not to mention SST's being 60 degrees...LOL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys maybe some pros can help me out, my tidbits feed seems stuck from last winter. (I haven't used it since then).The dates have been updated but GFS is showing the same day 15 snowstorm. This has been happening for like 3 years now. I tried restarting in safe mode, didn't work. Ideas?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New rule. If you declare something over (a storm threat, a season, an entire atmospheric condition or precip type) but post in threads about said condition, all of your posts must end in lyrics by Dennis Leary’s most famous song. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BxEngine said:

New rule. If you declare something over (a storm threat, a season, an entire atmospheric condition or precip type) but post in threads about said condition, all of your posts must end in lyrics by Dennis Leary’s most famous song. 

"I walk around in the summertime asking 'How about this heat?'"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lois Lane (Phyllis Coates version thereof) sure had a nose for news!      Look closely.     Here she has already sniffed out Covid-19, 68 years before the news broke----and she is wearing her mask.

Wonder if she knew anything about the weather?    Lol. 

Superman 1952     Philip Pine, Tristam Coffin have Herd Immunity.

MV5BMzAzNWRmMDktMDNlNC00NjhkLWE0NmQtZTIy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so many people don't seem to know what happens to pumpkins within hours of putting them outside 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

so many people don't seem to know what happens to pumpkins within hours of putting them outside 

Dam squirrels 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lee Goldberg keeps saying something which I think is incorrect.  He keeps saying that the hurricane is "holding back the front to our west."  Hurricanes dont do this, if anything, it's fronts that push hurricanes around (we see this all the time.)  It's the WAR which is holding up the front, not the hurricane.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone direct me to a resource for climate statistics for the 2014-2015  & 2015-2016 winters? Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2020 at 9:13 PM, forkyfork said:

so many people don't seem to know what happens to pumpkins within hours of putting them outside 

Tell that to Ichabod Crane. As always .......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.