• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Christina
    Newest Member
    Christina

Fall Banter and General Discussion

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

They hauling out more tires or more fish?

AAA rating by Ct watershed monitoring. Wish my pool was open today. Water actually wasn't that cold near shore. 

Why do you have to denigrate everything.  Its almost as you think you are an elitist. 

• Weenie 1

53 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

AAA rating by Ct watershed monitoring. Wish my pool was open today. Water actually wasn't that cold near shore. 

Why do you have to denigrate everything.  Its almost as you think you are an elitist. 

Lighten your load Fran 

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Lighten your load Fran 

Wonder if he could use those tires? AAA approved on the car?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Wonder if he could use those tires? AAA approved on the car?

I realize clean water is foreign to you, this isn't a city, packed suburb waterfront where guns and body parts are dumped.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

I realize clean water is foreign to you, this isn't a city, packed suburb waterfront where guns and body parts are dumped.

We Bulger.

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

We bury our guns and body parts around here. Otherwise, the tide brings them back in. Just gotta watch out for those canines.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

It was open until a couple of weeks ago, no?  

yes.  Unfortunately they did away with boat rentals this year however.   Maybe they thought covid likes to hang out outside on polished aluminum. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

It’s pretty amazing.   The story of what happened to create it is tragic.  But today it is incredibly beautiful 

Fished there many times, it is beautiful but I'm aware of the history.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Never been to Quabbin

If you go get off of I-90 in Worcester and take Rt 122 across the NE side, beautiful and rural and then go 202south to the more popular S side gates and damn.  Several breweries you could hit I'm sure.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, radarman said:

Similar effect here.  Quabbin like glass.20201022_173446_resize_98.thumb.jpg.30f7646c1d8d80fe9aaf846151975e58.jpg

20201022_173011_resize_83.thumb.jpg.3ffa3e1d216bf6cd2c8fe4dd20a0560d.jpg

Gorgeous.  Only shore fishing? Massachusetts lol

42 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Gorgeous.  Only shore fishing? Massachusetts lol

I ran the Quabbin "Day Care Center" all summer. She really loved the loon calls. We were probably out there 3-4 days per week. If we went more than a couple days without going out she would sit at the back slider looking at the boat yelling "fiiisshhhh." Would wake up around 4/4:30, get all my work done, head out around 10am, pack a ton of food and she would nap in a tent on the boat. Great summer out there. 

No description available.

122248638_355469988869260_2549275867074493856_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=2&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=OhO2x2V8ZpEAX_h4V4C&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.xx&tp=6&oh=45d50254dede3ec09b7d589842fe1616&oe=5FB672FF

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

You could use boats this summer.  They needed a seal

I thought Baikal was the only freshwater lake that had seals.  ;)

• Haha 2

The seal is a really easy process that gets a bad rap around here. Once out there I really understood it. Don't want to see the place get trashed with invasive species like so many other lakes in CT/MA/RI. There is little/no vegetation in the place, fish and wildlife are fat and healthy, just prime. Bring it to a car wash up in Athol (they have 2 wash days per month) and they have a decon process. Then it is wired to your trailer any time you are not in the Quabbin. If you want to put it in another lake you have to cut the wire, go where ever, then have it decontaminated all again.

It's like a $40 season pass in my book. As close to being in the wilderness in Mass as you can come, bears and cubs walking the shore, deer and moose swimming across it, loons everywhere, bald eagles dive bombing the water for trout. Feels like a lake in the middle of Maine most times and you might see 2-3 other boats all day during the week.  

• Like 4

So strange, our oak tree is really healthy but more than half the leaves are down already and usually they don’t all fall until December. Meanwhile the Norway maples are just changing colors this week.

It has been an absolutely epic foliage season around here this year! Long and strong. 

• Like 1

Just making one post ...Not to obsess, but has anyone taken a little peak over in Europe at the Rate of daily Covid cases over the last 3-4 weeks. Italy is up 7x (700%) France, Spain and UK all up 250% or greater in last 3 weeks.  I would guess they may foreshadow us to a degree (hopefully a lesser one) 

And just worth noting as testing has increased, if you were wondering if they were catching mostly mild cases that were hidden...Italian Covid Hospitalization  was up 55% in ONE week 0ct 11-18 (last Hospitalization data was released on 18'th) and it's accepted knowledge that Hospitalizations lag new cases by a good 10 days ...I would not be shocked to see their hospital system have De Ja Vu before Thanksgiving.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Just making one post ...Not to obsess, but has anyone taken a little peak over in Europe at the Rate of daily Covid cases over the last 3-4 weeks. Italy is up 7x (700%) France, Spain and UK all up 250% or greater in last 3 weeks.  I would guess they may foreshadow us to a degree (hopefully a lesser one) 

And just worth noting as testing has increased, if you were wondering if they were catching mostly mild cases that were hidden...Italian Covid Hospitalization  was up 55% in ONE week 0ct 11-18 (last Hospitalization data was released on 18'th) and it's accepted knowledge that Hospitalizations lag new cases by a good 10 days ...I would not be shocked to see their hospital system have De Ja Vu before Thanksgiving.  

I've been thinking about it a lot too. I suspect that Thanksgiving is either going to look a lot different this year or we'll really be looking at a spike mid-December. We've had Thanksgivings with enough snow to cut our power and some that have been relatively mild. I suspect if we're going to host people this year it will be something on the order of "If the weather's at all decent..."

Our school district has already decided that from Thanksgiving week through MLK day, the schools will be fully remote. I imagine it will be helpful in a number of ways. I've heard that the high school alone is going through a tremendous amount of heating oil with having the windows open. It's one thing to think about cooler weather next week in terms of yard work. When you think about heating all the schools with open windows, it makes me wonder how it's all going to get paid for.

• Like 1