• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Christina
    Newest Member
    Christina

Fall Banter and General Discussion

19 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Start with just cbd oil, no real psychoactive effects. 
Otherwise a low dose cannabis edible.  In MA you can buy mints or whatever that are as low as 1mg.
Go low and start slow. At that level the worst that can happen is you don’t feel anything and take a little more next time. 
The big mistake is that people don’t feel anything after 15 minutes and they take more.  
Can take up to an hour to take effect and is based in part on your size and physiology etc. 

Really, for the ideal experience,  I cannot emphasize strongly enough to start really low and don’t worry if you “don’t really feel much”. As we say on this forum with snow weenie forecasts: “You can always adjust up if needed“.

We are such a culture of excess, people always want to grab a bigger hammer to fix things.  That is precisely why I don’t think legalizing stronger psychedelics or other drugs is something most folks are ready to handle responsibly. 
Marijuana  is a little different because of its low toxicity levels and the worst an overdose is going to do is make you a little freaked out and fall asleep.  I certainly don’t recommend driving under the influence of marijuana, alcohol or any other impairment.  
Honesty , I’m not even sure people should be driving on the levels of caffeine that they do, never mind all of the legal prescriptions this nation takes. 

Marijuana is known to exacerbate of not outright cause anxiety, depression, psychiatric disorders, and a host of other negative things, smoked or not. For as purposeful as weed can be and is becoming, the legalize crowd often greatly minimizes these harmful negative effects. Yes I still support full legalization at the federal level...but I want the federal govt dismantled anyway ;)

15 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

Marijuana is known to exacerbate of not outright cause anxiety, depression, psychiatric disorders, and a host of other negative things, smoked or not. For as purposeful as weed can be and is becoming, the legalize crowd often greatly minimizes these harmful negative effects. Yes I still support full legalization at the federal level...but I want the federal govt dismantled anyway ;)

Huh?

https://www.drugpolicy.org/does-marijuana-negatively-impact-mental-health

This is why we see so many studies that confirm most people diagnosed with severe mental illness have a history of alcohol and/or drug use. The alcohol and drug use was not the causeof the mental illness, however, but rather a behavior that coincides with the undetected development of mental health symptoms.

Research suggests that those with mental illness might actually be self-medicating with marijuana – turning to the plant to help manage their symptoms, rather than becoming ill after use.

Emerging evidence indicates that psychiatric patients who try marijuana show significant improvements in symptoms and clinical outcomes (such as lower mortality rates and better cognitive functioning) compared with those who have not.

And some of the unique chemicals in marijuana, such as cannabidiol (CBD), seem to have antipsychotic properties. Now, researchers are investigating it as a possible treatment for schizophrenia and depression.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

That is a massive area of 30dbz or higher and it’s not moving.

72D3479C-89E3-42EB-8A11-BA99E4A43C8C.thumb.jpeg.8709f7e0d06e197404a1d90c310b7857.jpeg

We want this here.

• Like 2

I burn with a UV index of 2 and I can’t even muster a hint of red this time of year.

The twin cities got nearly 30” in Halloween of 1991. How quickly they forget. Although he was probably watching Saturday morning cartoons back then.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I burn with a UV index of 2 and I can’t even muster a hint of red this time of year.

The twin cities got nearly 30” in Halloween of 1991. How quickly they forget. Although he was probably watching Saturday morning cartoons back then.

Well to be fair, it’s not Halloween for another week and a half.  So it is even earlier than that. 

• Weenie 1

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Well to be fair, it’s not Halloween for another week and a half.  So it is even earlier than that. 

:weenie:

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Only was meaning he had a point...no? 

There is no point when it’s 29F and puking snow with a Feb sun.

• Like 3

If it was 30° and 1/4SM +SN on August 31st it would start sticking then too. MWN has had accums in July. Technically the solar radiation is higher up there than at lower els since there’s 6000ft less of atmosphere to scatter it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

There is no point when it’s 29F and puking snow with a Feb sun.

I Wasn’t talking about the sun angle at all. I was talking about his comment about it never happening that early before.  

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Wasn’t talking about the sun angle at all. I was talking about his comment about it never happening that early before.  

Well that’s true, my bad then. I let my warm ground anger cloud my judgement. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Well that’s true, my bad then. I let my warm ground anger cloud my judgement. 

Lol.  No worries.

Ya and my comment to Brian was coming from the same idea..the idea of him(the guy in the article) commenting about it being so early.

I too laughed at his silly warm ground comment.  

MSP has had accumulating snow in late September and early October before...as recently as 2.5” in 10/12/2009. This will be the most for so early though. 1.7” on 9/26 is lol though.

4B8C9843-8A1A-4A00-8843-1B37F15F7E6F.jpeg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I could not resist commenting.

Kevin's first snow on his birthday Nov 2nd 2120

20201020_185344.jpg

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

I hope when people plan on traveling again they skip VT. Their draconian travel restrictions are insane. 

I think my county is the only county in Massachusetts that’s allowed to stay over there right now.