• Member Statistics

    16,098
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    shawanta003
    Newest Member
    shawanta003
    Joined
moneypitmike

September 2020 Discussion

Recommended Posts

So crazy how much the ground vegetation just got smoked the past few days.  From full green to like freezer burn.

Still green underneath in spots but can easily see the parts hit with the hard frost.  Immediately done for the year for all the ground cover.

A209B36D-C4F2-401D-828D-4C2688EEC4E8.jpeg.1ea45a21a44986b0a9d0bbb775b1f263.jpeg

A963B645-87D1-4D3D-BD87-EB85A42E9812.jpeg.25943d60dd999774b7764f772fd4e1a9.jpeg

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Weeklies fail.

 

Weeklies have been utter trash. They whiffed on the cold in mid September too. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Canadian held serve but looks like GFS backed off a bit on precipitation amounts for next week.

 

Good! Not much use in rain now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Weeklies have been utter trash. They whiffed on the cold in mid September too. 

Isn't that pretty much par for the course with those things?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Canadian held serve but looks like GFS backed off a bit on precipitation amounts for next week.

 

Euro will do same . I hate to admit this but the FV3 has crushed the Euro this summer after day 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kdxken said:

Isn't that pretty much par for the course with those things?

They can run hot and cold (no pun intended)...sometimes they are nailing it for a couple months in a row but then sometimes they are just clueless. Right now they seem to be clueless. 

Its also harder in general during the warmer season for models to perform consistently well. Their verification scores are higher in cold season. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

They can run hot and cold (no pun intended)...sometimes they are nailing it for a couple months in a row but then sometimes they are just clueless. Right now they seem to be clueless. 

Its also harder in general during the warmer season for models to perform consistently well. Their verification scores are higher in cold season. 

That’s surprising to me... I’d think the wave lengths are more stable in the warm season.  I’m not sure if I know what I mean, ha, but just seems like summer patterns like WAR are more stable week to week than cold season when it seems like you seem to be alternating trough/ridging much more frequently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Ryan Maue is the new chief scientist at NOAA per a White House appointment... that guys moving up (yes it’s the Washington Post, it’s political, but it’s the only place I can find it):

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2020/09/21/noaa-chief-scientist-maue/%3foutputType=amp

Maybe he can bring his graphics with him to NOAA, ha.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The noaa model site is getting renamed Models and Guidance Analyses (MAGA).

Does this mean we’re getting weathermodels.com graphics on the MAG site? Maybe he’ll block data access to wxbell? :scooter:

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The noaa model site is getting renamed Models and Guidance Analyses (MAGA).

Does this mean we’re getting weathermodels.com graphics on the MAG site? Maybe he’ll block data access to wxbell? :scooter:

Get every American to pay an additional half a penny annually to the federal govt for ECMWF data for all.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tamarack said:

Armpit of the East?  (Our affectionate name for Balamer when I was at Hopkins in the '60s - fits both the climate and its position on Chesapeake.  Perhaps fitting for other reasons as well.)

I like it.  It does have some charm and a lot going for it.  Like many places it does have some challenges.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Looks like Ryan Maue is the new chief scientist at NOAA per a White House appointment... that guys moving up (yes it’s the Washington Post, it’s political, but it’s the only place I can find it):

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2020/09/21/noaa-chief-scientist-maue/%3foutputType=amp

Maybe he can bring his graphics with him to NOAA, ha.

He’s an R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Get every American to pay an additional half a penny annually to the federal govt for ECMWF data for all.

This confirms it. You must be a bot of Russian origin. The fake cold. The fake snow. The occasional promotion of the socialist agenda. 

You do seem to be one of the good ones, though. We appreciate your contributions, comrade. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Modfan2 said:

Weird that all of MA is under a Red Flag warning but N CT Is not?

It’s because OKX wouldn’t issue one so BOX left out CT even though it’s drier and more dangerous than most of central and western Mass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Still looks like a wet look next week at times and fairly warm and humid. Stein has many shook I guess.

Noyes and Maxon both were talking on air this morning about how modeling backed off on the heavy rains next week. Now more of a showery look and not soaking . Not good 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Noyes and Maxon both were talking on air this morning about how modeling backed off on the heavy rains next week. Now more of a showery look and not soaking . Not good 

lol...you know how bad QPF can be 7+ days out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Noyes and Maxon both were talking on air this morning about how modeling backed off on the heavy rains next week. Now more of a showery look and not soaking . Not good 

Your FV3 has 2 inches  Euro .7 and EPS 2.1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.