Total Members
    Most Online
    anathema
    Newest Member
    anathema

The 2020-2021 Ski season thread

38 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Got to hit the 'Loaf sometime

I've been to Wildcat a number of times, and even met up with Larvay in Gorham after he spent a weekend at SR. But somehow I never quite made my way to Maine. 

Gotta do that one day.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Got to hit the 'Loaf sometime

There is no other mountain like it in the NE when there is a good base.  
In my humble opinion, best NE ski areas in order are:
Sugarloaf 

Stowe

Killington

Wildcat

Sunday River

lots of runners up though...

Bought my NE Epic pass last nite so I will be skiing a lot of Wildcat if everything goes according to plan and maybe the VT resorts midweek to avoid crowds.

When the snow is right, Sugarloaf is the best resort in the NE. Note: I've not skied two places that could competed - Jay and Whiteface. As I've documented here, I dismissed the Burnt Mtn/Bracket Basin tree skiing thing as a marketing strategy and not an actual product but skiing there two seasons ago in mid -April was a revelation.

With that said, the terrain and exposure make Sugarloaf and Wildcat pretty boney when nature is not cooperating.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Angus said:

With that said, the terrain and exposure make Sugarloaf and Wildcat pretty boney when nature is not cooperating.

Yup,  and Wildcat can get 20"+ but the wind will load and scour it so it seems like a regular day on some trails. I loved Bracket but some of my favorite trees at SL are still the small areas just south of the Spillway X-Cut. Steep and the snow just gets piled in there. 

• Like 1

that whole area of winter's way, bubblecuffer, & white nitro is great - again with caveat of with snow! I've jumped in there a few times and was lucky to survive between ice, rocks and stumps!

More news from Saddleback

Saddleback is very pleased to be able to announce that we are lowering the prices for the following season pass categories in response to the long conversations we have had with some of you affected by current circumstances.

From now through Thanksgiving, the Junior and College Passes will now be only $324.00 (down from 449.00) and the Casablanca Pass will now be $399.00 (down from $599.00).
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Angus said:

More news from Saddleback

Saddleback is very pleased to be able to announce that we are lowering the prices for the following season pass categories in response to the long conversations we have had with some of you affected by current circumstances.

From now through Thanksgiving, the Junior and College Passes will now be only $324.00 (down from 449.00) and the Casablanca Pass will now be $399.00 (down from $599.00).

DAMN

16 minutes ago, amarshall said:

New sticks for the boy yesterday 8915b50a2217d4ef2948fb3805e3fa22.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

nice. FB memory came up of SR blowing snow a couple of years ago today

• Like 1