• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    elYeti
    Newest Member
    elYeti

August Discobs 2020

1 hour ago, PWC Split said:

Yup, heavier stuff looks like it has sunk a little bit south.  Love Giorgio's down your way.

Just had Giorgios a few nights ago.  They do it right there.

Holy lord this is like the storm from hell.  So much rain.  This has to be a record for August precip here.  I can't believe how heavy the rain is.  Day after day after day... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IronTy said:

Holy lord this is like the storm from hell.  So much rain.  This has to be a record for August precip here.  I can't believe how heavy the rain is.  Day after day after day... 

I’m at 18.36” for the month :lol:

• Weenie 1

My yard was on the northern part of the W-E oriented area of rain overnight, with the better convection to my south. Lots of long/ low rolling, house vibrating thunder from those storms.

Rained pretty much all night, but never heavy. Picked up 0.65".

1.07" since Thursday evening, and 10.4" for the month.

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

My yard was on the northern part of the W-E oriented area of rain overnight, with the better convection to my south. Lots of long/ low rolling, house vibrating thunder from those storms.

Rained pretty much all night, but never heavy. Picked up 0.65".

1.07" since Thursday evening, and 10.4" for the month.

Just drizzle and light rain on and off here .Next week looks to hopefully deliver :yikes:

Some booming thunder in that new line that developed to my south. The general guidance was correct on jack-potting the southern third of the area.

22 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Just drizzle and light rain on and off here .Next week looks to hopefully deliver :yikes:

I was looking at the US drought monitor. A lot of moderate and some pockets of severe up in NE. Nothing in our region, I would have expected to see some pockets of abnormally dry, but going back to July and early August I think it was generally wet for the entire area, despite some places missing out over the past 2-3 weeks.

eta- there is a small area of abnormally dry in the far western highlands.

12 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I was looking at the US drought monitor. A lot of moderate and some pockets of severe up in NE. Nothing in our region, I would have expected to see some pockets of abnormally dry, but going back to July and early August I think it was generally wet for the entire area, despite some places missing out over the past 2-3 weeks.

eta- there is a small area of abnormally dry in the far western highlands.

No drought here. Just a little dry and dusty .I've  mostly had  just horrific luck with convective showers and storms the past few months.  Dozens of a tenth or less for events and lost count of fringed hits . Looking for a flush hit from anything lol.

Looks like models are honing in on another areawide soaker on Monday....should be able to pad numbers on an already wet August.  Those monthly totals from people S and E are impressive. 

3.4" for the month here....a hair above avg. Similar bad luck situation as @losetoa6.  Lots of splitting storms at the wrong time and grazes....

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

9 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

I’m at 18.36” for the month :lol:

Wow!!  Insane in the membrane...insane in the brain .

If that was Carroll county thered  be landslides lol.

• Haha 1

Finally might get some rain in the next few hours as I’ve been awoken multiple times by thunder overnight, the only rain was for about 2 minutes or so.

Incredible rainfall rates here. Maybe 3 inches or more per hour. Middletown and near by areas are getting pounded, this is the third storm in less than 24 hours to dump excessive rainfall. 

Monthly rainfall for August is mind blowing!  

• Like 1

Casual observation but although we bash the GFS a lot, it did a better job with Laura’s track than the EURO.  It never had it hitting Houston, and consistently had the remnants tracking through our area north of the EURO.

• Like 2

0.81" for the event. 9.35" for the month. Could have swore it was raining all night and expected at least an inch. But it must have been a dream. lol 

Can rain “run out” before it reaches a certain location? Because I think that’s going to happen.

2.10 since this rain event started yesterday afternoon.

JUst now Got a nice yellow blob over us that dropped .43 in about 30 mins.  The good news for others if this goes over your area is that it was moving fairly fast. Not like before where cells would just dump rain in a certain area until the moisture was wringed out.