Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
August 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

23 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

For the heat lovers, would you prefer to get one or two record high temps in a summer or a bunch of 90s like this one?  
Have any of the 4 SNE climo sites set daily  record high temps this season?

For me, I don't necessarily care about the record high temps. I just want it hot....or like very warm. 90's is great but if it could be in the 80's every day from May -September I would be extremely happy. 70's in October and April. I can tolerate 30's and 40's in winter but getting into the 20's and lower....brutal. 

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Nah you’re wrong there. 100 is an impressive threshold. 87/76 are forgettable. 

There’s very here without looking up the dates that can remember when the 100 degree temps were. It’s not interesting unless it comes with dews. But I bet you your bottom dollar many will recall and remember the summer of 2018 of record high dews  . Or the summer of 2020 of warmest on record and driest on record. Those are memorable 

54 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

For the heat lovers, would you prefer to get one or two record high temps in a summer or a bunch of 90s like this one?  
Have any of the 4 SNE climo sites set daily  record high temps this season?

If I had to choose, I’d take the one or 2 records over the 20+ 90+ days I’ve had.

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Epic night in Misquamicut   Muddy Waters playing at one end of the beach JGeils the other. Hotter than sin even standing in the water. Beach was mandatory opened all night by the state.  Crazy epic all nighter. 

I wonder if Kevin would rather have 95/80 on dew Friday or 104/77 on Hot Sat..

PVD,1975-08-01 17:00,KPVD 011700Z 17008KT 5SM DZ SCT020 35/27 A3010 RMK PVD6/16 7/12 SLP192 T03500267
PVD,1975-08-02 18:00,KPVD 021800Z 27005KT 8SM CLR 40/25 A2988 RMK FEW CU 75PVD7/12 SLP120 8/100 T04000250 57010
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Epic night in Misquamicut   Muddy Waters playing at one end of the beach JGeils the other. Hotter than sin even standing in the water. Beach was mandatory opened all night by the state.  Crazy epic all nighter. 

Summer hotter than others,  you know they must have played together somewhere that night!  

Back in my Cambridge days I occasionally clinked glasses of Makers Mark with Peter Wolf and he had more than a few Muddy Waters stories to tell.  He carries around a laminated, original Muddy biz card in his wallet.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Summer hotter than others,  you know they must have played together somewhere that night!  

Back in my Cambridge days I occasionally clinked glasses of Makers Mark with Peter Wolf and he had more than a few Muddy Waters stories to tell.  He carries around a laminated, original Muddy biz card in his wallet.

Great story, was a special night 45 years ago this month. 

• Like 1