Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

13 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Looks rather meh for our area.  Mid 80s.  Hope the pool can recover some

Yesterday was the first day in a long while it felt chilly in the pool at first but the afternoon sun was perfect. Nice hot stretch to wrap it up. You can feel it in the air  its a last hurrah or 2 then football season. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Sad there is such little enthusiasm about sports this year. The no fans thing definitely has put a damper on it. I just can't get into it. There is absolutely nothing better than Stanley Cup games in packed arenas. Feels like watching club hockey.

I'm still pretty pumped about the stanley cup, so is my son who is a die hard, I think more casual fans are probably tuned out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Sad there is such little enthusiasm about sports this year. The no fans thing definitely has put a damper on it. I just can't get into it. There is absolutely nothing better than Stanley Cup games in packed arenas. Feels like watching club hockey.

It certainly does have a different feel...certainly a much different vibe...but at least the pace of play has been playoff like which is great. But the thrill of the crowd, noise, and everyone going nuts after a goal...that's a huge loss. 

I've been watching some hockey more and more. I could care less about the Sox. NBA meh. Football, everyone opts out so who knows what this season brings. 

See I feel like I’ve been watching more baseball than normal, even with the Red Sox sucking... following more teams and paying attention to the league as a whole more than any other season.  Also watching hockey night on the Canadian stations we get out of Montreal.

Just been so happy to have sports back.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I've been watching some hockey more and more. I could care less about the Sox. NBA meh. Football, everyone opts out so who knows what this season brings. 

sox are horrible, in baseball I do find that missing the fans makes the game worst.  I don't think you have the same effect in hockey, just such a fast sport.. 

Just now, powderfreak said:

See I feel like I’ve been watching more baseball than normal, even with the Red Sox sucking... following more teams and paying attention to the league as a whole more than any other season.  Also watching hockey night on the Canadian stations we get out of Montreal.

Just been so happy to have sports back.

yeap, just happy to have it back, fans or no fans.  

32 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yesterday was the first day in a long while it felt chilly in the pool at first but the afternoon sun was perfect. Nice hot stretch to wrap it up. You can feel it in the air  its a last hurrah or 2 then football season. 

Water temps in the big pond were amazing yesterday. 

• Like 1

I just want one freaking more severe wx event before we get into winter...ONE. In a summer which has been garbage that is not asking for much at all. We've barely had any. Had that one enhanced risk day which was good and fun for NY into central New England (where the enhanced risk belonged...not into freaking into CT...absolutely uncalled for) and had that Sunday warm front setup and a few other minor things but GARBAGE. This is why super hot just sucks for severe...WGAF if you have 5,0000 SBCAPE if there's no trigger or shear. They had better severe in CA Saturday than we've had. That's just wrong 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

49 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I just want one freaking more severe wx event before we get into winter...ONE. In a summer which has been garbage that is not asking for much at all. We've barely had any. Had that one enhanced risk day which was good and fun for NY into central New England (where the enhanced risk belonged...not into freaking into CT...absolutely uncalled for) and had that Sunday warm front setup and a few other minor things but GARBAGE. This is why super hot just sucks for severe...WGAF if you have 5,0000 SBCAPE if there's no trigger or shear. They had better severe in CA Saturday than we've had. That's just wrong 

hotdog.jpg

• Weenie 2