• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

Should definitely push 100F on Monday at the SNE torch spots. 19-21C midday 850s with west winds and WNW flow in the midlevels. The euro keeps the plume of highest dews up into NNE and Canada too. GFS is only about 1C cooler, but MOS isn't too impressed...yet. 94F BDL, 95F BOS, 94F MHT. My hunch is those numbers trend a little higher.

39 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Should definitely push 100F on Monday at the SNE torch spots. 19-21C midday 850s with west winds and WNW flow in the midlevels. The euro keeps the plume of highest dews up into NNE and Canada too. GFS is only about 1C cooler, but MOS isn't too impressed...yet. 94F BDL, 95F BOS, 94F MHT. My hunch is those numbers trend a little higher.

I think crucially this/those vectors ( bold ..) were missing per this last run over with similar 850s ... 

This is a weird set up out there in that mid range with the Euro... it's really bringing a hydrostratic trough response over the top of almost no hypsometric cooling... It's very bizarre to see 18 to 21 C 850s arcing around the trough circumvallate...if not even creeping very warm air layer inside that curvature the way it is... 

It's like a hot trough - head scratch

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

That’s a hot look for the GFS... starting the day with 21C at 850 in Mass on WNW flow. 

7D21493B-2F8B-4FC9-9FB3-E7927F351461.thumb.png.58d080ad64fece1e66804e7dad731712.png

6 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Congrats Dendrite

20200724_091704.jpg

I had 2.2" of precip this month so far  of which  .90" fell on July 8th.   I'm in that 125% of average.  It's so hit and miss with convection.  Last summer I missed every direct thunderstorm and so far the same this year.  The last time we had a true thunderstorm  (shelf cloud, gusty winds that bring down twigs and  sheets of rain with lightning and thunder) was 3 years ago.  Other places like Brian just to my SSE has had several of these.  I better keep my mouth shut because just in spite over the next week we will have a severe thunderstorm with power outages and limbs down.

28 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

I had 2.2" of precip this month so far  of which  .90" fell on July 8th.   I'm in that 125% of average.  It's so hit and miss with convection.  Last summer I missed every direct thunderstorm and so far the same this year.  The last time we had a true thunderstorm  (shelf cloud, gusty winds that bring down twigs and  sheets of rain with lightning and thunder) was 3 years ago.  Other places like Brian just to my SSE has had several of these.  I better keep my mouth shut because just in spite over the next week we will have a severe thunderstorm with power outages and limbs down.

You're way ahead of me for this month. I'm only at 1.23". If you include those last few days of June though I'm at 4.72" for this stretch.

14 minutes ago, dendrite said:

You're way ahead of me for this month. I'm only at 1.23". If you include those last few days of June though I'm at 4.72" for this stretch.

You only have had 1.23” this month?  Scooter had me thinking the Lakes Region is getting an inch per day.