Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Banter 2020

George BM

2 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Pork Souvlaki with peppers and yellow squash on rice pilaf. Experimented with the pilaf and made it in the rice cooker. Turned out good.   

7B0EC280-8D16-4509-AD2A-8DF1AD46517B.jpeg

Ohhh, tasty!!  Is that tsztiki dolloped on the top there?  (not sure I spelled that correctly, but I do like the stuff!!).  Rice cookers are great, by the way!  Had a roommate in grad school who had one.  It made just about perfect rice every time!!!

HOF game/ceremonies now canceled, and ofc that would have been the first preseason game. Hard to envision training camp and preseason occurring on time at this point. Not sure how its even logistically possible with teams having up to 80-90 players heading into camp, not to mention all the coaches and training staff. I am not feeling it for the NFL season occurring in any normal way right now. It wouldn't be surprising to me if it didn't happen at all. Not a fan of Goodell and I have little faith there is enough forethought and creativity to pull this off, unless ofc the COVID magically disappears.

18 hours ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Ohhh, tasty!!  Is that tsztiki dolloped on the top there?  (not sure I spelled that correctly, but I do like the stuff!!).  Rice cookers are great, by the way!  Had a roommate in grad school who had one.  It made just about perfect rice every time!!!

Yep it is tzatziki. Love the stuff!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

HOF game/ceremonies now canceled, and ofc that would have been the first preseason game. Hard to envision training camp and preseason occurring on time at this point. Not sure how its even logistically possible with teams having up to 80-90 players heading into camp, not to mention all the coaches and training staff. I am not feeling it for the NFL season occurring in any normal way right now. It wouldn't be surprising to me if it didn't happen at all. Not a fan of Goodell and I have little faith there is enough forethought and creativity to pull this off, unless ofc the COVID magically disappears.

I generally agree. I also think it’s a joke baseball is trying to start up. It’ll be shutdown a few days into “spring training” watch lol

• Like 1

@C.A.P.E. and @WxUSAF

Ugh. Too much brew. I’m so full. Damn @Scraff’s buddy gave me capless brews coming off the canning line because who wants to waste beer?

Anyway, tomorrow is a beach day and then heading home via Dewey Brewing Co if anyone wants to meet up. It’ll be later in the afternoon to take advantage of a full sunny day, but we are a little flexible. Let us know if you’re in the interested. We could always stay the night in Dewey or on the home. #summeristhebest

24 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

@C.A.P.E. and @WxUSAF

Ugh. Too much brew. I’m so full. Damn @Scraff’s buddy gave me capless brews coming off the canning line because who wants to waste beer?

Anyway, tomorrow is a beach day and then heading home via Dewey Brewing Co if anyone wants to meet up. It’ll be later in the afternoon to take advantage of a full sunny day, but we are a little flexible. Let us know if you’re in the interested. We could always stay the night in Dewey or on the home. #summeristhebest

I’m so glad Eric hooked you up. He is a super nice guy. Makes some quality beers as well! Enjoy your beer adventures the next 24 hours. :drunk:

• Haha 1

Since the Orioles haven't done anything lately to allow MASN to show a recent "classic" game MASN is showing game 4 of the 1970 World Series against the Reds.

Those are some sideburns on Jim Palmer.

OK, maybe they're not that shocking.  Johnny Bench is sporting the same.

4 hours ago, fourseasons said:

Since the Orioles haven't done anything lately to allow MASN to show a recent "classic" game MASN is showing game 4 of the 1970 World Series against the Reds.

Those are some sideburns on Jim Palmer.

OK, maybe they're not that shocking.  Johnny Bench is sporting the same.

MASN/Os suck.  The fact they still block streaming is insane in today’s tech world.  I have YouTube TV and I can’t watch the Nats...I wish the Nats would move to NBC Sports Washington.  

2 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Good example of how it only takes one or two cells to make or break a day for individual backyards. Big factor is WHERE the cells go. Had the cells stayed over the mountains or cut up into PA before coming into the urbanized areas - would have been called a whiff. But it went through the metro area - so it gets a higher mark simply because of the location. 

I probably would have gotten a better dose of the storm had I been at my parent's house in Colesville *eyeroll*

Why do you keep on living my nightmares?

1 hour ago, mappy said:

Tomorrow looks fantastic!!! hoping the storms decide to hold off until later in the evening so i can indulge on crabs and beer and forget that I'm closer to 40 than 30

My mom just sent me a wonderful recipe for crab balls! They are like mini crab cakes that you can pop into your mouth. Going to get some crab to try them out. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

My mom just sent me a wonderful recipe for crab balls! They are like mini crab cakes that you can pop into your mouth. Going to get some crab to try them out. 

that sounds delicious! my husband makes some fantastic crab cakes with the leftovers. cannot wait.

• Like 1

Really have cut back the beer drinking the last couple weeks but doesn’t mean I can’t continue to stock:lol:. Picking up from Black Flag today, Absolute Unit-a 13% imperial cookie dough stout aged in willitt barrels. And also a Norwegian imperial stout. After I pick up those and my RAR order Sunday I’ll probably have a solid 60 beers or so in the fridge. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic